hrm, a few questions (1 Viewer)

Bundybabe

Yea well at Gundagai High we had 6 people in our Agriculture class but now itz just two people. It isn't too bad because we learn everything really quick and we are going to have loads of time to revise. I think that the Senior Agriculture book by A Clark is a really good book and our teacher sometimes uses it to teach us. It gets a bit boring sumtimes:eek: but then we just end up discussing the topic or maybe the weekend!!:p

beta-omega

Eternal Omega!
HSC
At Hurlstone, theres about 80 poeple who do ag in year 12. None of the students milk the cows at 6am, only farm hands do that job. Agriculture is compulsory at Hurlstone for years 7-10, and optional for year 11 and 12. However if a student entered school at year 11, it is mandatory to do agriculture.

Zhang San Feng

护花使者
HSC
Originally posted by Orange Council
I hear they hafta milk cows at 6 in the morning over at James Ruse. Is it true? :p ;)

nah, seriously, which other school does Agriculture?

And doesn't Ruse do agriculture in year 11? As in, sit the HSC exam for agriculture in year 11?

damn, i wish i'd done agriculture. Sounds heaps cool. :(

PS I hear a girl called Jenny Liu got like 99 in agriculture, but she is so good it won't count for her UAI this year. wtf, absolutely freaky
hehehe...i think i can be proud to say ... shes my friend :D... she did it as accelerated and topped the state, and that also means shes still in the hsc game this year so watch out world :D ... even i m getting scared

Last edited:

yumxor

Here's some more about Jenny Liu... She wrote an entire study guide + guide to choosing elective or project the night before the HSC...

felafel

Originally posted by yumxor
Here's some more about Jenny Liu... She wrote an entire study guide + guide to choosing elective or project the night before the HSC...

huh?

where did you get that from?

yumxor

lol, my teacher now was her teacher back then and she gave us a copy along with the story of how it was written

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
that's the only thing about ag - coz its not a very popular subject (in comparison to something like chemistry or biology) there aren't that many resources avaliable to ag students...

my best advice for doing well in ag is to know the 'verbs' really really well (i know you have already all been told this probably a million times... but it's true) - and if u can, to have specific examples of what you are writing about, just make yourself look like you know heaps (even if you don't)

eg. if you are talking about new forms of technology - have an example (we did an assesment on this, so it was pretty easy)

and also know about the kind of agriculture practised in your area, it makes it easy to refer to

ben7

yumxor said:
lol, my teacher now was her teacher back then and she gave us a copy along with the story of how it was written
it'd be good to get a copy of that, is it useful??

pretti_in_pink

pretti_in_pink
HSC
Grey Council said:
I hear they hafta milk cows at 6 in the morning over at James Ruse. Is it true? :p ;)

And doesn't Ruse do agriculture in year 11? As in, sit the HSC exam for agriculture in year 11?

damn, i wish i'd done agriculture. Sounds heaps cool. :(

PS I hear a girl called Jenny Liu got like 99 in agriculture, but she is so good it won't count for her UAI this year. wtf, absolutely freaky
my school does ag chisholm

Sham

92NTY6
HSC
Grey Council said:
Nagle College, Blacktown.

we've got a small farm running - but damn, at 6am there aren't people up there let alone doing work! the Year 12 class for this year only has 7, less than for the year below.. aaand, apparently there's talk of getting the 'brother' school involved to expand.

The Intergrator

HSC
Grey Council said:
Henry Kendal and Gosford High share an Ag 'farm'. Both generally only have small senoir classes though.
Ag is compulsory for yrs 7 & 8 at Gosford

liquimalish

Liquid Malisha- HOLLA
HSC
We have the biggest public schools ag farm in the state :)
Its around 80 acres and they spend around $400,000 doing it up a couple of years ago. We run about 25 head of cattle, 70 sheep, 100+ chickens and 1 goat

Borbor

HSC
Ruse definitely does not milk cows at 6 am :rofl:, whoever told you that is obviously living in a nutshell.

For starters we dont even have dairy cattle, pure Angus beef :D. The environment is not suitable for dairy cattle eg. too hot in a suburban area and dairy cattle are much harder to look after than beef cows. (udder infections and such).

The Rural Youth has nothing to do with the cows anymore, it's a seperate club that looks after the macadamias, orange orchard and various other odd jobs.

Finally, even the cattle group members don't arrive that early, much rather be:sleep:.

colli-17

HSC
liquimalish said:
We have the biggest public schools ag farm in the state :)
Its around 80 acres and they spend around $400,000 doing it up a couple of years ago. We run about 25 head of cattle, 70 sheep, 100+ chickens and 1 goat

You are a dickhead lol, Farrer has the biggest, 400 acres good enough for you, We are public and had 9 band 6's in the HSC last year. I go to farrer and it is a great school, we milk cows at 6 am and thats the way we do it, We have an angus stud and a white suffolk stud too as well as eveything else

aolai

HSC
u guys do realise that milkin cows question was from 2 yrs ago... ther's all sorts of strange rumours about ruse... well... we do get to drive the tractor in yr 8 i thort that was excitin.. =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)