HRM student, please come in (1 Viewer)

rawfromearth

HSC
N/A
Do you enjoy your course ? I am planning to do internal transfer to HRM in sem 1 2007, just ask if you guys enjoy the course.:wave:

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
im doing b hrm and its a great degree, if you got an questions ill be happy to answer them. transferring is pretty easy, when i transfered you only needed a pass average (GPA of 2).

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
im majoring in HR for my business admiinstration part and i've found the subjects piss easy... like you can learn and pass the final if you read everything for the first time the night before or the morning of the exam (assuming the exam is in the arvo)

go HRM!

rawfromearth

HSC
N/A
Thanks guys. I just read through the MQ handbook and found the subjects in HRM are pretty interesting. Do you know how many students around in this course (internal) ? is there lots of group assignments ? :)

I look forward to see u guys at campus next week .

mserica

HSC
Yes the course is enjoyable... and not that difficult either!

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
clairegirl said:
im majoring in HR for my business admiinstration part and i've found the subjects piss easy...

go HRM!
dittox2...but hell yes theres group assignments, that can get annoying when your group members live and breathe hrm and your the type that follows the below type of program

clairegirl said:
learn and pass the final if you read everything for the first time the night before or the morning of the exam

HSC
N/A
or if they just don't turn up to tutes and don't contribute much at all.

*has experienced this* :( first time I ever had to tell someone "I'm sorry, but you've been removed out of this group because you've missed out on so much... yes, that does mean you're going to fail this assessment, I think it's a good idea for you to talk to the tutor now..."

CieL

HSC
Yeah, I'm going to major in HRM like clairegirl.. The first year units involving hrm was piss easy.. hrm units were actually my top grades

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
if you're doing bba and majoring in hrm you cant do all of the hrm units, such as:
- hrm107
- hrm 201
- hrm 317
- hrm 327

NB: and the hrm units you can do where actually bba units last yr, they just changed the names around

now im sure you could apply for a waiver for the 3rd yr ones, but i dont know if the bba degree gives you many electives?

also an advantage of doing the hrm degree over the bba (major in hrm), is that you have to do 1st yr accounting, finance etc, whereas in the hrm its only marketing, which is basically the marketing you did if you did business studies for the hsc

if anyone is actually doing the hrm degree and needs help let me know.

good luck with it

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
also to those saying hrm is easy, chances are you're doing the bba degree, which makes sense as the bba units tend to be rather general with a lot of overlap within the each of the units (im talking about the 'hrm' ones anyway). hrm 107 and 201, while not being the hardest units ive ever done, have certainly been the most interesting

to answer your question about group work, in hrm 107 and 201 there isnt any group assessments (wasnt when i did them anyway). in the bba units you have to do there is. also in terms of class numbers, theres not that many ppl doing the hrm degree compared to ppl doing bba and majoring in hrm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)