Hsc 2006 (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Trebla said:
For Class of 2006, the first HSC exam begins on Thursday 19th of October 2006. There are now (14/10/05) 370 days left until that day....
BTW where did you get this from? and I thought the first of all exams (english) start on monday...always

Carnivour

HSC
FroZenWaffleS said:
Today i was being praised by my chemistry teacher for writing the most in the chemistry prac (was like 7 pages) and finished with 10 minutes to spare while more than half the chem students at my school didnt finish.
Its people like this that perpetuate the mood and hype that surrounds the HSC year and make me sad.
I wish more people would realise early on that its the last year of your school life, and its a time to celebrate everything you have achieved spiritually, the distance you have come since you started school oh such a long time ago. My advice would be to enjoy everything that school represents - for me this year would not be the same if I didnt have a couple of all nighters, the many, many drunken parties, the winging and complaining about how unprepared we are for assesments, the procrastination. I saw many of my best friends rot into boring, conceited people who's main priority was to beat me by studying days and days ahead, where all our conversations turned into discussion of what we answered in the maths test, or whether the prac assesment counted for 15 or 20%.

So, my best advice would be to keep sight of what you want out of life. The 99.95 will count for fuck all if what you sacrificed for it was the entire year of your life - AND I REALLY MEAN THIS. I got split dux this year, and while I'm proud of the academic achievement (who wouldnt be), I'm infinetely proud of the fact I never, ever sacrificed anything for it. I'm not bragging, I just want to actually show that I've been through it, and come out on top. So I guess this post is directed mostly to those who are naturally bright and have the highest expectations of themselves, because that's who I relate to most - dont take yourself too seriously. The stress melts away once you realise this, and you make the most of all the aspects of Year 12, not just the academics.

I dont know, perhaps you can tell from this post that I'm bitterly dissapointed in the way I saw the HSC bring out the worst in people I thought I knew. It made me realise how scared I am if tomorrow I am regretful of today.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

First week of year 12, still not much ahah, I need something to keep busy :(. First morning class next tuesday for jap ext :(

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
nah wont that mean that paper one will be on the thursday, and paper two on the friday? Us 05ers are lucky to have 2 days in between

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
wow. It just hit me. No more homework for school again. Do you get "homework" in uni even??

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
1st week of year 12. Im having the 'beginning of the year' feel again at this time of the year??
Homework...yeh. its ok.
Extension classes have not been organised neither have new classes.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I have had a great week, every day i've been paying full attention in class, enjoying chem and physics the most, and then at night been up to date and even ahead in some subjects with notes and summaries. I am determined to make every week like this. I know i can do it. So can all of you. Good luck for the rest of the year!! Work hard guys! It'll be worth it in the end :D

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
Carnivour said:
Its people like this that perpetuate the mood and hype that surrounds the HSC year and make me sad.
I wish more people would realise early on that its the last year of your school life, and its a time to celebrate everything you have achieved spiritually, the distance you have come since you started school oh such a long time ago. My advice would be to enjoy everything that school represents - for me this year would not be the same if I didnt have a couple of all nighters, the many, many drunken parties, the winging and complaining about how unprepared we are for assesments, the procrastination. I saw many of my best friends rot into boring, conceited people who's main priority was to beat me by studying days and days ahead, where all our conversations turned into discussion of what we answered in the maths test, or whether the prac assesment counted for 15 or 20%.

So, my best advice would be to keep sight of what you want out of life. The 99.95 will count for fuck all if what you sacrificed for it was the entire year of your life - AND I REALLY MEAN THIS. I got split dux this year, and while I'm proud of the academic achievement (who wouldnt be), I'm infinetely proud of the fact I never, ever sacrificed anything for it. I'm not bragging, I just want to actually show that I've been through it, and come out on top. So I guess this post is directed mostly to those who are naturally bright and have the highest expectations of themselves, because that's who I relate to most - dont take yourself too seriously. The stress melts away once you realise this, and you make the most of all the aspects of Year 12, not just the academics.

I dont know, perhaps you can tell from this post that I'm bitterly dissapointed in the way I saw the HSC bring out the worst in people I thought I knew. It made me realise how scared I am if tomorrow I am regretful of today.

I have no idea what was wrong with me receiving praise from my chemistry teacher. Half of the chem students at my school arent even suppose to be doing chem, they just increased the range so much and luckily they dropped chem this year. and according to my chem teacher, she said everyone just wrote too slow.

I only received praise because i was able to finish in the first day. An extension was given because everyone except me did not finish and an extra 10 minutes was given on the next day to finish the report.

P

pLuvia

You get extra time if you don't finish an exam? That's dodgy lol :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)