• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC-2006s Reactions to 2005 HSC Results (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Damn, I can't stop looking at this site, the Board of Studies site and the herald.

Our school came 26th in the state. We got beaten by James Ruse.. :(
Congratulations Kostia Lubarsky- 1st in the state in Economics. I heard he got top 10 in his other subjects and has a possible uai with 3 9's in it. Our school also has many 2nd in the state performers.

Looking at other people's results make me nervous.

I'm also seeing people with lbad marks but good uais and those with good marks but bad uais

Exactly this time next year guys. All you guys can wait! For another year... HAHA

Riviet

HSC
N/A
You're gonna have to wait for a year too lol :p

I know all these people that are on the honour list, this morning i was just searching for specific people that made it on the honour list.

Daniel Wong, a friend i know from sydney grammar topped extension latin with 100% and he also got 90+ in all his other subjects, so congratz to him.

All these great results encourages me to get some work done this holidays and work hard throughout next year.

CONGRATZ TO ALL IN CLASS OF 2005!!! *applauds* :cool:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Wow, Class of 2005 did really well this year for Sefton. Best since 2000.
What a jump from 56th to 28th! Yay, we beat Hurlstone and just a wee bit under Sydney Technical and we're only a semi-selective school!!!
The Class of 2005 for Sefton, have 5 people in the state top 20 for 2U maths including Andrew Duong who topped the state, one person came 10th in the state for biology, and one really talented guy, David Ong, came 2nd in history extension and 6th in maths extension 2.
David Ong got band 6 in English Advanced, English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, Modern History and History Extension. Wahhhhh....that's an achievement you'd normally expect that from a James Ruse student.
We have 5 all rounders this year. Big improvement from only 2 people last year.
Great work Class of 2005!
Hope that our Class of 2006 will match that or perhaps do better, only time will tell..........

James Ruse may still be on top, but this year the percentage DA is much lower than that of 2004. If that continues, then we may have a new successor to the top throne pretty soon.

klaw

HSC
I screwed up my maths. Oh well I'll just repeat next yr.

It's the third consecutive year that someone from my school has gotten 1st in the state in a subject. I don't think this can continue next yr, I just don't see anybody in my form capable of doing that, even though our form is supposed to be "the brightest form in a long time"

Last edited:

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
My school dropped 131 to 159... And we did worse in English.

Oh wells next year :D

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
By the way, congrats on all the results.

Also, if I may, I congratulate SoulSearcher, who scored a Band 6 in Maths in year 10. :)

P

pLuvia

Our school captain topped Greek in year 11 so congrats to her.

I'm getting anxious to do the HSC ;) Just have to wait this time next year to get the results lol

My school is no longer 64th :(:( Probably in the 100s now :(

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I heard that this year's HSC students are smarter than last years with more people in the top bands. What about next year's (us)?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I reckon we could beat this year's group. ;)

GO GO GO!!! :D

phizzy

HSC
waaaaaaaaaah! what ever happened to my school? it's so sad, it's a travesty! well on the broader scale of things not really but not for ten years have we lost our place in the rankings! we all joked about them being the dud year but no one really believed it. ah well, now the pressure's on for my year to reclaim. piece of chocolate to the person who guesses the school i'm talking about!

Gay Captain

HSC
"Oh no, we came 6th, suicide time!"

NSGH, where's my chocolate bitch? (way to be there for like a whole year and then be all like omg school pryde)

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Yr 12 2006 at my school have a lot to live up to. eg ..3 distinguished achievers and we got 91 on the list.....killer year

however i'm sure we'll out perform them :)

Mandy101

HSC
I'm part of the class of 2005, and trust me, the dumber your year overall (state-wise) the better. I ended up with a UAI of 99.00 which is fantastic, but when I typed my results into SAM, I would have had a much higher UAI in previous years. When people are generally smarter and get better results, it's hard to secure a top ranking.

And trust me, the year will go fast - I still remember the day I checked the paper last year, and it only feels like yesterday.

Smart_Dunce, you're a techie? I went to STGGH :)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Its amazing to hear that from a smart girl like you.

Kostia Lubarsky- UAI 100
Our first ever, i've heard from other BOS members.

frootloop

HSC
Trebla said:
Wow, Class of 2005 did really well this year for Sefton. Best since 2000.
What a jump from 56th to 28th! Yay, we beat Hurlstone and just a wee bit under Sydney Technical and we're only a semi-selective school!!!
The Class of 2005 for Sefton, have 5 people in the state top 20 for 2U maths including Andrew Duong who topped the state, one person came 10th in the state for biology, and one really talented guy, David Ong, came 2nd in history extension and 6th in maths extension 2.
David Ong got band 6 in English Advanced, English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, Modern History and History Extension. Wahhhhh....that's an achievement you'd normally expect that from a James Ruse student.
We have 5 all rounders this year. Big improvement from only 2 people last year.
Great work Class of 2005!
Hope that our Class of 2006 will match that or perhaps do better, only time will tell..........
*looks around* That was me!!! :)

David Ong is a mAcHiNe!

Also...
*Angela Lu came first in Accounting
*Melita Stubis came first in Latvian continuers
*Huy Chhay came first in Khmer continuers

All Seftoners!!! :cool:

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
frootloop said:
Huy Chhay came first in Khmer continuers
He's in our grade btw. (i.e. Year 11 this year, Year 12 next year)
Also do you know what UAI David Ong got?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)