• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC-2006s Reactions to 2005 HSC Results (2 Viewers)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It's about time someone beat JR and take the title. ;D

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Hsc 2005 @ Sths

2005 Sydney Technical HS HSC achievements
Ranked 26th
Top UAI: 100 (he got 1st in economics, 2nd in mx1, 2nd in mod. history and 4th in physics in the state)

1st and 8th in state in economics
2nd and 3rd in state in engineering
9th in state in IPT
2nd, 3rd and 8th in the state in mx1
2nd in state in mod. history
2nd and 4th in the state in physics.

9 All rounders

Its up to the class of 2006 of STHS to beat this record. We will!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Lol Trebla. =D

We had 5 all rounders at my school. (St Aloysius)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Apparently JR's year this year was too sociable. Dunno if sociablility has anything to do with bad marks, or it just happens that they are 'bad' this year too.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
A bad year and they still end up with 65% of their exams over 90...

I_F

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I don't want to know what a good year would be like for them!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Congratulations to all 2005 HSC students. The only results I am aware of in my school come from the IPT HSC (which I completed) and I was only beaten by 1 year 12 coming fourth overall. The results are varied throughout the state and this year has again set a new bench mark which I am sure shall be meet and a new bench mark set by 2006 HSC students.

Good luck to all 2006 HSC students and remember BOS (boredofstudies) members are\have been through the journey that is the HSC and are on the most part here to support.

~Han~

HSC
I am soooooo freaking out about the HSC after hearing about our schools results! without giving too much away...not ONE student got a UAI above 90.
my target UAI is 96+ because i really want to do Bachelor of Arts Communication (media arts and production) and international studies at UTS.
All the schools in our area, including one private one, did pretty dismally. For example, 5 students from our school got a band 6, 3 from the highschool in the next town and only 2 in the boarding school.
its not like our area to perform in this way either. usually theres a good handful of students getting 96's, 95s, 94's but its slipped so much this year.
with that said, class of 2005 was a really big year full of boof heads who should have left school after failing the SC.
The only glimmer of hope i have is that our year has only got 70 something students and we all seem really determined to do well.

ALSO- i have noticed that when i put marks into SAM, for each year the UAI is getting lower...is there a reason for this besides students seem to be performing better each year?

Oh, by the way i'm from a rural area.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
~Han~ said:
class of 2005 was a really big year full of boof heads who should have left school after failing the SC.
I think your statement about the class of 05 is a little to general to be making about an entire co-hoard unless you are referring to your area, but you have to remember not everyone can perform at such a high level and marks and students abilities change from year to year.

You seem pretty determined in what you want to do which will help look at the various study threads that talk about how to study and make sure to put your target UAI up somewhere so when you feel all hope is lost that can be your 'glimmer' of hope.

Your UAI depends on your performance throughout the HSC not only the exams but assessments which can also depend on ranking which you will want to keep high. Maintain a top mark throughout the year, rank high in your school and you should be alright...not to worry there is still time to improve.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
~Han~ said:
ALSO- i have noticed that when i put marks into SAM, for each year the UAI is getting lower...is there a reason for this besides students seem to be performing better each year?
I am not sure of the real reason for this, but i like to think that it's because each year, the students of the HSC perform better than the previous year's and this can affect the scaling and calculation of the UAI. It is also an incentive for us to work harder for the UAI that we want.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Riviet- somehow that's not always true. Our school has fluctuated quite a bit over the past few years. What I still don't get is the point of comparing the HSC results of previous grades because they do not reflect how your grade will perform.

*shrugs* One guy from my school went around to the new year12s to freak them out about the HSC.. lol.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I don't know, it was just a thought I wanted to share. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)