HSC Advanced Mathematics Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

BillieW

HSC
does anyone remember roughly what details they gave in the cricket question extract and what the question actually was? It’s killing me not knowing, I wanna try it again lmfao
Does anyone remember the investment question? and what did you guys get for the 94th withdrawal?
Both were posted on Sydney Morning Herald. Can't post links...... :(

Although I really think you should focus on your next test. This one is done already and it never helps to look back. :)

thomson2354

HSC
60000(1.005)^94 - 800(1+1.005+1.005^2.....+1.005^93)

Bold
= Geometric series, so u substitute in the formula (a=1, r=1.005,n=93), and then you get your answer :) i think it was roughly $900, give or take.
I did the exact same calculation in the exam and even now and am getting $191586... could u guys let me know what I'm doing wrong lmao its killing me!!

thomson2354

HSC
Can someone tell what the working out was for the proof for sin tan question?? lmao I felt like an idiot trying to figure it out,,
You had sec and cos on the lhs and u had to make sec into 1/cos. From there u create a common denominator of cos and so will have the fraction (1-cos^2x)/cosx... from there u change the 1-cos^2x into sin^2x and that way u will get sinx (sinx/cosx)= sinxtanx which was on the rhs.

mmmm.

HSC
Here's a set of solutions for today's 2020 Advanced paper.

Let me know if there's any problems or mistakes...
Tysm, btw looking back at it now, the questions weren't that hard, but i made so many stupid mistakes

vivswithluv

HSC
You had sec and cos on the lhs and u had to make sec into 1/cos. From there u create a common denominator of cos and so will have the fraction (1-cos^2x)/cosx... from there u change the 1-cos^2x into sin^2x and that way u will get sinx (sinx/cosx)= sinxtanx which was on the rhs.
oh my god I can't believe I just gave up after making sec into 1/cos.. I should of kept going.. ughhh thanks tho

Pedro123

HSC
omg how the fk did you get this already? ahahah i'm about to have a mental breakdown seeing everything I got wrong lmao
I'm not sure how right the answers are, seeing as it says 2 for 10 (MCQ) when it's 3, so dw. I haven't checked the other ones though

HSC
w
Lol don't worry this would scale up to a high 80 or maybe a 90 this year cuz everyone found it hard
wait actually this just made me feel better HAHAHAH
also some answers were wrong in that pdf so it's more like a 77 B) pls scaling gods do your thing

ItzZoni

HSC
Ohhh can u tell me what answers were wrong
I apologize if I'm wrong but I think question 21 b was differentiated incorrectly as many people got a different answer.

Also, I think the answer for 29 b should be c=e and not c=x/lnx. Can someone confirm?

lai.9

HSC
I apologize if I'm wrong but I think question 21 b was differentiated incorrectly as many people got a different answer.

Also, I think the answer for 29 b should be c=e and not c=x/lnx. Can someone confirm?
THXSSS

lai.9

HSC

I looked through the hsc discussion page and a lot of people have pointed that out. I'm pretty sure ur right thxss

lai.9

HSC
why is it 96%? I also got 81.5%
I got that as well but I think there's an explanation on why it isn't that on hsc discussion page. Apparently u had to take in account the info of "at least one person" or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)