HSC and sport? (1 Viewer)

stainmepink

HSC
What do you think of doing the HSC, coupled on with about 6 hours of sport a week? I'm thinking of picking up sat netball, however i have the shittest time management skills. I'm hoping that when i pick up something that i like doing, it'll help me to organize my time. The HSC is really important to me, but im constantly bored without my sport. I'm aiming to get a UAI above 99. Do you think i should pick it up?

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Everyone needs an outlet and 6 hours doesn't sound like much.

Lennie

gobaby said:
What do you think of doing the HSC, coupled on with about 6 hours of sport a week? I'm thinking of picking up sat netball, however i have the shittest time management skills. I'm hoping that when i pick up something that i like doing, it'll help me to organize my time. The HSC is really important to me, but im constantly bored without my sport. I'm aiming to get a UAI above 99. Do you think i should pick it up?

Of course.
In order to get 99+, you are going to need to be able to focus... ALOT.
Sport helps you do this, and also is proven to reduce stress levels.
Both things are highly conductive to study.
If your time management is as bad as you say, then what makes you think that you would otherwise use that 6 hours for studying??

Its worth the loss. The benefits are far too great to be ignored. :)

Cab31

HSC
EnterNameHere said:
Of course.
In order to get 99+, you are going to need to be able to focus... ALOT.
Sport helps you do this, and also is proven to reduce stress levels.
Both things are highly conductive to study.
If your time management is as bad as you say, then what makes you think that you would otherwise use that 6 hours for studying??

Its worth the loss. The benefits are far too great to be ignored. :)
I was training 30 hours a week during the HSC. It doesnt hinder your performance, it just forces you to make really good time managing skills.
Like you, i was really bad at time management at the start of year11. By the end of year 12 i had it down pat though! 6hours will be good for you!

stainmepink

HSC
Cab31 said:
I was training 30 hours a week during the HSC. It doesnt hinder your performance, it just forces you to make really good time managing skills.
Like you, i was really bad at time management at the start of year11. By the end of year 12 i had it down pat though! 6hours will be good for you!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cab31 again.

stainmepink

HSC
Gavrillo said:
Everyone needs an outlet and 6 hours doesn't sound like much.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gavrillo again.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Cab31 said:

Very true, that's why I do recommend people to do an extra-curricular activity during the HSC. It's a good outlet for stress relief and you learn time-management skills.

Mandy101

HSC
I do at least five hours of exercise a week - you'll go crazy, burn all your notes, and drop out of year 12 if you don't have some kind of outlet.

ishq

brown?
HSC
velox said:
haha, picking up netball so the dentistry interviewers will think 'wow' ? ;)
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You speak my mind.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
During my hsc i was trainning approx.. 30 hrs a week for my swimming, and also working on my music for Conservatorium audition, really 6 hours isn't alot- and it can be quite benaficial - just a little time to relax and not think about studying all the time, good outlet for de stressing! :D

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
well everyones basically covered ....well ...everything...but anyways

sport will provide awesome stress relief... and as some have allready mentioned it will dramtically improve ur time managament skills... I also recommend u take the opportunity to take up sports/work(up to u... even both) during yr 11...

i was working all the way through yr 11 and stopped working after the term 2 holidays this year.... when i quit i felt like i had loads of time and i wasn't wasting so much time anymore...

for example on some weekends i would have had work on saturday and sunday.... so i would study as much as i could before work... knowing that if i didn't i would fall behind in my studies.. and so what i would usually be studying from 10 am until 12 am all up.. i was able to condence by doing the same amount of work (with less breaks) from 10:am up to 4: pm... so overall it really helped.. and now i do about 2-3 hours of sports a week...

...there's no reason why u can't get 99 and play netball .. if anything it'll aid u to get 99

anyways.. that's just my 2 cents :p

stainmepink

HSC
thanx guys!! :D i was so unsure before, but now i think i'll do it :)

lol it might even help in the dentistry interview :p velox ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)