• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC as karma??? (1 Viewer)

burchmore

HSC
I'm beginning to wonder if God decided to create the HSC as a means of coming down hard on people who think too highly of themselves.

Take subjective subjects for example, I would like to propose that the more self-absorbed one is, the harder it is to self-edit and evaluate.

Is God really punishing me with B grades? or does my history faculty really hate me?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
burchmore said:
I'm beginning to wonder if God decided to create the HSC as a means of coming down hard on people who think too highly of themselves.

Take subjective subjects for example, I would like to propose that the more self-absorbed one is, the harder it is to self-edit and evaluate.

Is God really punishing me with B grades? or does my history faculty really hate me?
Karma is a Buddhist concept.

Buddhism does not have a God.

Hence you logic is flawed.

Last edited:
HSC
I don't feel the HSC is karma. Otherwise I think I should be getting higher marks... Haha, damn. :(
magpam said:
ok everyone a 'b' is not a bad mark

at least not to me
Nah, I'm with you.

goosiegoo

HSC
burchmore said:

God... Karma... there is no relation there.

cupcake08

HSC
goosiegoo said:
God... Karma... there is no relation there.

i don't see why they can't relate

nice theory :) maybe your uai is inversely proportional to how much of an ego you have ...in which case i'm screwed haha

goosiegoo

HSC
cupcake08 said:
i don't see why they can't relate
Oh, well maybe in-directly in the sense that they're both part of religion, but it's either karma or god, really.

And, i can't say i think that karmais affecting my marks, as usually it goes the harder i study the better marks i get.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
burchmore said:

No offence, but that is by far the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

~untitled~

HSC
magpam said:
ok everyone a 'b' is not a bad mark
Yea, i agree b's are substantial (cept i get in trouble for getting them in english)... a's are better though. Lol, i got A++ in one of my ancient assesments, lol, i didnt think that was possible.

But the whole thing about HSC as karma... hmmm, nah i dont think so, otherwise one of the girls in my year definantly wouldnt be doing as well as she is.

HSC
burchmore said:

with the risk of ssounding a bit harsh...melodramatic much?

like watatank said, there is more to life than the hsc

and besides, hsc is a way of educating us, as much as we think it equals punishment, we're gna be thankful that there is such a thing as the hsc and education for that matter

bmwz4

HSC
i dont see getting a good education and getting a qualification karma, there r starving kids out there, do they complain about karma...?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
burchmore said:

Its God, he's doing the same to me too. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)