HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I agree with sando. Only drop a subject if you're really struggling and failing it. In our case, you are clearly not, and you seem to be very on top of all your subjects. Keep it up mate. :)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
karoooh said:
As do I. Especially those who go and ask the teacher why they lost that one mark that kept them from getting full marks, only to argue with that teacher about it, even though they received a perfectly reasonable explanation - Get over it. You missed out on one mark; it's not the end of the world - move on! :rolleyes:
haha i hate it more when they do this:

A: hey wat u got
B: oh i did ok, not that great, 85
A: oh man! that is sooooo good! u should b proud.. (insect more..)
B: thx! wat did u get?
A: oh man i totally frked it this time. so bad..screwed! (insect more)
B: awww , no realli, wat did u get?
A: ohh .... onli 98..
B: *@#!$!#!*

yea that happened to me all the time.haha

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
mitsui said:

Hehehe were you A or B?

I tend to get slightly better marks than my friends, but I encourage them to try and beat me...and now they're finally starting to compete :)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
sando said:
even though u r doin 12 units, u would probly be better off keepin ipt for now, considering that u aced it and u r ripping every subject up
Thanks sando and riviet. With IPT though, I'm not finding the course particularly interesting and while my assignment marks are good, my exam marks (im basing this off of year 11) arn't. We have three IPT courses, and while everyone doing it has the potential to do well, they're just not. Noone wants to try - thats the impression I've been getting. Our year 11 yearly average was in the low 30's (%) and it doesn't look set to change. The girls who were coming 3rd and 4th in the course dropped, and the guy coming 5th dropped. It put a dent in the average. I'm just worried it's going to hurt my marks/UAI overall, since the course is already a negative scaler (not that scaling bothers me tremendously).

I dropped this at the start of year 11 and picked up business studies. The computing facultues head teacher had a long, long, long talk with me and put me back into the course. I told a few friends I was considering dropped it towards the end of term 4 this year, and somehow my IPT teacher found out, he made me promise i'd discuss it with him before I did anything. If I have to talk to our computing faculties head teacher I'll run. He's too intense lol.

karoooh

HSC
mitsui said:

*GASP* I hate that too! :rolleyes: Whenever that happens, I just feel like yelling, 'What are you trying to do?! Seek more compliments?! Because you're already getting plenty when you obviously don't deserve them! Show some modesty!'

It's either that, or they just have to know what certain people got for their marks so they can brag 'unintentionally'.

Tsk, tsk... People these days... :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
mitsui said:

Looks like most of your year is smart, since you said it happens to you all the time. Or maybe it's just all your friends are very smart. XD

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
mitsui said:

i know what you mean. i remember this guy at my old school who missed out on full marks on his maths test by 1 or 2 marks and he started crying about it.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
i know what you mean. i remember this guy at my old school who missed out on full marks on his maths test by 1 or 2 marks and he started crying about it.
When you say crying, are you saying that literally, or are you using 'crying' as slang because he contested the marks. Because I've been labelled 'crying' over my maths test results before, simply for pointing out questions which had not been marked on my paper. Subsequently my exam mark went from 60% to 85%.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
ScottyG said:
When you say crying, are you saying that literally, or are you using 'crying' as slang because he contested the marks. Because I've been labelled 'crying' over my maths test results before, simply for pointing out questions which had not been marked on my paper. Subsequently my exam mark went from 60% to 85%.
Wow, how come so many of your answers were missed? That's like a quarter of the paper not getting marked.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
ScottyG said:
Thanks sando and riviet. With IPT though, I'm not finding the course particularly interesting and while my assignment marks are good, my exam marks (im basing this off of year 11) arn't. We have three IPT courses, and while everyone doing it has the potential to do well, they're just not. Noone wants to try - thats the impression I've been getting. Our year 11 yearly average was in the low 30's (%) and it doesn't look set to change. The girls who were coming 3rd and 4th in the course dropped, and the guy coming 5th dropped. It put a dent in the average. I'm just worried it's going to hurt my marks/UAI overall, since the course is already a negative scaler (not that scaling bothers me tremendously).
You can't really base people performance in the HSC on the preliminary year. A lot of students improve a great deal more in the HSC year because they know that every mark counts and its their final year of schooling to show everybody what they are made of. If you can improve your rank assuming you are not already first that would help also don't treat IPT as a 'bludge subject' because it is simply not. Of course you could do nothing in class and then be another student we see here every year coming on complaining they have not been taught anything instead of realising their mistakes and taking responsibility for their own learning.

Although the course isn’t interesting you can use your peers lack of effort to your advantage and coming out 1st by a good few marks setting the path for a good mark in the HSC.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
You can't really base people performance in the HSC on the preliminary year. A lot of students improve a great deal more in the HSC year because they know that every mark counts and its their final year of schooling to show everybody what they are made of. If you can improve your rank assuming you are not already first that would help also don't treat IPT as a 'bludge subject' because it is simply not. Of course you could do nothing in class and then be another student we see here every year coming on complaining they have not been taught anything instead of realising their mistakes and taking responsibility for their own learning.

Although the course isn’t interesting you can use your peers lack of effort to your advantage and coming out 1st by a good few marks setting the path for a good mark in the HSC.
I am coming first in the IPT course, and I never intended to treat it as a bludge subject. It's hard to motivate myself to study it though when the course is not particulaly interesting and my peers are not particularly competitive.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
ScottyG said:
I am coming first in the IPT course, and I never intended to treat it as a bludge subject. It's hard to motivate myself to study it though when the course is not particulaly interesting and my peers are not particularly competitive.
Try to think of yourself as not competing against your class, but everyone in the state.

I_F

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well your top of your class now try for top in the state. :D

Try to make studying for IPT interesting in the HSC you have to write about different information systems from real life examples. You might or might not find it interesting to look around you for information system that you could use for certain topics define what makes they information system, the 7 information processes, any social and ethical issues etc.

There really isn’t many ways that we can help to motivate you do study it has to come from you as sometimes the best motivation is yourself.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Sometimes it's just better to ignore everyone else and just focus on what you want to achieve. Don't let other students intimidate you into thinking that their performance will affect you. It won't if you don't let them affect your conscious mind.

Also, being ranked number one means your mark won't be affected by others in the class. So if you can maintain that first place rank, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Riviet said:
Sometimes it's just better to ignore everyone else and just focus on what you want to achieve. Don't let other students intimidate you into thinking that their performance will affect you. It won't if you don't let them affect your conscious mind.

Also, being ranked number one means your mark won't be affected by others in the class. So if you can maintain that first place rank, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Truer words have never been spoken. 1st rank :D. Set goals that you want to achieve in IPT i.e. your HSC\Assessment Mark etc.

A l

HSC
N/A
In relation to those who get good to excellent results, there are two types of people:
- Those who boast about how well they did or how superior they are (e.g. Bookie)
- Those who go around saying how crappy they did or how inferior they are (e.g. Richie Rich)

A l

HSC
N/A
You also have to realise that each person sets his or herself different levels of expectation. Those who set low expectations tend to be happy with whatever they receive. Those who set high expectations tend to be motivated or defiant to exceed others.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
A l said:
In relation to those who get good to excellent results, there are two types of people:
- Those who boast about how well they did or how superior they are (e.g. Bookie)
- Those who go around saying how crappy they did or how inferior they are (e.g. Richie Rich)
Good point. There's a third group.
-Those who claim that they didnt study, didnt pay attention and didnt do any work and relied on luck to help them.

Which group do i fall under?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)