HSC atar Bonus points/Marks (1 Viewer)

feedmemore

HSC
Hi

Just want to know is there a possibility of person being eligible for more than 10 bonus points in any circumstances ie: through subject bonus points and EAS?

Thanks

Shadowless

HSC
Hi

Just want to know is there a possibility of person being eligible for more than 10 bonus points in any circumstances ie: through subject bonus points and EAS?

Thanks
I THINK UWS has like... a 15 Bonus Point Program?

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
If you are 10+ points below the cutoff for your course of choice, the course is probably too hard for you...

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
^ unless you didn't try in year 12. but i thought that 10 was the standard limit to answer your question

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
difficulty and demand aren't mutually exclusive. it would be stupid to say for example that teaching which has a lower cut off than medicine is more difficult. the statement was 'probably too hard' not 'too hard' anyway

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
difficulty and demand aren't mutually exclusive. it would be stupid to say for example that teaching which has a lower cut off than medicine is more difficult. the statement was 'probably too hard' not 'too hard' anyway
He didn't state that a course with a lower atar is more difficult, but meant that the difficult of the course isn't determined by the atar cutoff. For example, commerce at UNSW is 96 but engineering is 91. From general comments i have heard engineering is much more difficult then commerce, but why is the commerce atar higher? Supply and Demand.

Although there is a correlation between difficulty and demand, usually these more difficult jobs pay higher, which in turn lead to a higher demand.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
He didn't state that a course with a lower atar is more difficult, but meant that the difficult of the course isn't determined by the atar cutoff. For example, commerce at UNSW is 96 but engineering is 91. From general comments i have heard engineering is much more difficult then commerce, but why is the commerce atar higher? Supply and Demand.

Although there is a correlation between difficulty and demand, usually these more difficult jobs pay higher, which in turn lead to a higher demand.
Exactly.

Higher paying jobs leads to higher demand, which in turn leads to higher ATAR cut offs to ensure that the economical balance between supply and demand is strong.

If law is as accessible as UWS (i.e. known to accept an 80 ATAR), there becomes an oversupply of graduates, and hence destroys the economical balance.

Okashi

HSC
Exactly.

Higher paying jobs leads to higher demand, which in turn leads to higher ATAR cut offs to ensure that the economical balance between supply and demand is strong.

If law is as accessible as UWS (i.e. known to accept an 80 ATAR), there becomes an oversupply of graduates, and hence destroys the economical balance.
There already is an oversupply of graduates because every single uni is teaching Law to milk as much money as possible.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
There already is an oversupply of graduates because every single uni is teaching Law to milk as much money as possible.
Yes, but the idea of accepting people with 70 ATAR's into law broadens the degree to many, many more people; which results in an oversupply of graduates.

Okashi

HSC
Yes, but the idea of accepting people with 70 ATAR's into law broadens the degree to many, many more people; which results in an oversupply of graduates.
Well ATAR is based on demand and less prestigious unis will have a lower atar. Maybe we should control law admissions like they do in UK and like we do in medicine. Make people sit LSAT and take interviews.

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
Well ATAR is based on demand and less prestigious unis will have a lower atar. Maybe we should control law admissions like they do in UK and like we do in medicine. Make people sit LSAT and take interviews.
I think that would be great - if it lowered the 99.7 you need to get at the 'prestigious' universities to even qualify for law...

Nyx

HSC
i LUL'D harder than a circus clown. Dude. If you want a future, you wouldn't go to UWS, as far as the 98.9% of people here would agree on. Your better of using the 1/2 bonus points in more recognised uni's like UNSW.

p.s bro seriously, your bonus points are automatically added 2 your atar when you apply for the degree, so no need 2 stress. jus kick back, roll up your sleeves & relax son.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
i LUL'D harder than a circus clown. Dude. If you want a future, you wouldn't go to UWS, as far as the 98.9% of people here would agree on. Your better of using the 1/2 bonus points in more recognised uni's like UNSW.

p.s bro seriously, your bonus points are automatically added 2 your atar when you apply for the degree, so no need 2 stress. jus kick back, roll up your sleeves & relax son.
These are mistakes someone from UWS would make.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)