HSC Biology Exam [Discussion] (1 Viewer)

PikyoK

HSC
i said that the co domance and phenotype (cold climate) would pass on to the offspring or something like that.

Deadboxes

HSC
How did everyone explain the communication question worth 2 marks about the light from two objects? One was a sharp angle upwards and the other was straight on.

Deadboxes

HSC
Thank god no Beadle and Tatum was in it except for MC, didn't revise that at all!

Frostguard

HSC
HAHA That 5 marker, 3 diagrams. That's basically free marks.
I DREW THE WRONG LENS OMG HAHAHAHAHA checked over my notes I drew the lens for hyperopia the one that looks like an oval instead of the one that looks like an hourglass omg

Ace0804

HSC
it cant be divergent cause the species was the same
Ever heard of Darwin's finiches, some had smaller beakers. Plus search it up on google, they said that snakes had evolution

Last edited:

Frostguard

HSC
How did everyone explain the communication question worth 2 marks about the light from two objects? One was a sharp angle upwards and the other was straight on.
Not gonna lie when I saw that question I was like ' what is this question asking me to do??? ' rip I'm such a mess at Bio haha

RozJoHo

HSC
yea how were u supposed to answer this one and the one about the differences in vision for adult a and b coz of the cones

mariakery1

HSC
Ummm... that exam was very different to past years. It is obviously suited to the new syllabus due to the number of application questions in it and the fact that there was so much graphical analysis, such as pedigrees, tables, graphs. For long response we had to look at trends in life expectancy?? What happened to all the immune response questions??? LIKE WHAT THE HELL NESA

For genetics, they asked us to analyse a pedigree. Okay, simple right? No, they gave us the inheritance pattern (autosomal dominant) and gave us a pedigree showing who died cause of cancer or something like that. The question was literally like ‘analyse this pedigree’???

Last edited:

jjuunnee

HSC
idk whether i did this one right but i said how one of them was going straight to the fovea (the little dent thing in the retina) which contains heaps of cone cells so then you could see colour. the other one was towards a random part in the retina which contains mainly rod cells so it would be black and white. idk that question was shit anyway

studygirl118

HSC
Everyone in the hsc discussion group on Facebook was saying that it was hard and here people say it was easy??? Come on that was definently tougher than previous years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studygirl118

HSC
idk whether i did this one right but i said how one of them was going straight to the fovea (the little dent thing in the retina) which contains heaps of cone cells so then you could see colour. the other one was towards a random part in the retina which contains mainly rod cells so it would be black and white. idk that question was shit anyway
I wrote that !!!!! I hope it’s right hahahahha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjuunnee

HSC
i agree it was definitely more difficult - the questions required more thinking so you couldn't just regurgitate something that was memorised. good thing is that if it was hard our marks get scaled up i think!

Frostguard

HSC
damn i guess we're the guinea pigs then they're using next year's syllabus on us :frown2:
oh yeah and what did you guys put for the first question? the lizard basking in the sun?
the only thing i've learnt from bio multiple choice is that you choose the most straightforward answer so i picked -' to get Vitamin D' LMAOOO what about you guys?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)