HSC Biology Exam [Discussion] (1 Viewer)

LadyWhoAksTooMuch

HSC
hey biology students!! I'm so happy to see people feel great after that exam and how some also found it easy.

im a senior science student and I have a question.

Since people found the biology to be somewhat easy, will senior science be easy too? I hope it's not a stupid question.
Overall, biology is harder than senior science, and, if biology has an easy exam, wouldn't ss have it too?

xX_Jess_123

HSC
damn i guess we're the guinea pigs then they're using next year's syllabus on us :frown2:
oh yeah and what did you guys put for the first question? the lizard basking in the sun?
the only thing i've learnt from bio multiple choice is that you choose the most straightforward answer so i picked -' to get Vitamin D' LMAOOO what about you guys?
i picked that to, but many are saying that it was B, which was increased activity

StudyMaster101

HSC
I came all over my paper, and the pages of communication stuck together so I couldn't get to them :(

jjuunnee

HSC
just something random - don't you guys sometimes feel really stressed out when talking about exams afterwards?? for me, every time someone said that they got a specific answer for mc for example that's different to what i got, my heart flips and im like are you fucking kidding me another mark gone, but then turns out heaps of other people got the same mc as you hahahahha so it's all g

i also got B

jem1690

HSC
yeah i got the same stress here, but then i'm like "screw it it's over, can't do much about it now"

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
Seems like most of you were relatively content with the paper, which is good to hear :)

Did you guys have a big 6-mark question?

jem1690

HSC
as far as i remember, the only high marker other than the 8mark extended response was worth 5 marks

emily_02

HSC
i feel really screwed, i skipped a 3 mark question :( it was the second last one in the communication questions that was asking about the blue/green/red lightwaves....also i thought multiple choice was really hard and a lot of my friends got different answers than me. Will anyone on the site write suggested answers or?

haleyx

HSC
somehow I forgot to use a named example for the first short answer question (I was having PTSD from multiple choice), will i still get one mark or go straight to 0? if I remember correctly it was out of 2 marks.

besides that, here are some actual multiple choice questions from the 2017 paper

1 What is the name of the process that enables organisms to maintain a relatively stable
internal environment?
A. Osmosis
B. Adaptation
C. Homeostasis
D. Active transport

Which of the following body systems is involved in detecting and responding to
environmental changes?
A. Circulatory
B. Digestive
C. Excretory
D. Nervous

so i feel like the b6 cut off will be much lower considering the questions we got, i wanna say low 80s

mariakery1

HSC
somehow I forgot to use a named example for the first short answer question (I was having PTSD from multiple choice), will i still get one mark or go straight to 0? if I remember correctly it was out of 2 marks.

besides that, here are some actual multiple choice questions from the 2017 paper

1 What is the name of the process that enables organisms to maintain a relatively stable
internal environment?
A. Osmosis
B. Adaptation
C. Homeostasis
D. Active transport

Which of the following body systems is involved in detecting and responding to
environmental changes?
A. Circulatory
B. Digestive
C. Excretory
D. Nervous

so i feel like the b6 cut off will be much lower considering the questions we got, i wanna say low 80s

Lol those 2017 questions are NOTHING compared to 2018 questions. Also, you will probably lose only one mark provided that you had 2 responses for temperature change.

I hope the b6 cut off is same as the 2010 paper. Like a 79 went up to 95

haleyx

HSC
legit when i did the 2017 paper as practice got full marks on mc but bloody hell damn these mcs were actually difficult
hell yh 2010 paper hopefully it's like that

but it seems people found it easy and here i am dying
i feel like it's one of those things where if you found it easy you weren't thinking hard enough so don't worry about that! cause the stimuli were honestly really easy to misinterpret, especially for Genetics (for example the pedigree showed individuals diagnosed with cancer, not with the syndrome itself, etc)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Lol those 2017 questions are NOTHING compared to 2018 questions. Also, you will probably lose only one mark provided that you had 2 responses for temperature change.

I hope the b6 cut off is same as the 2010 paper. Like a 79 went up to 95

Not gonna lie, can't compare anything to the 2017 paper, it was probably one of the easiest papers ever made lol. I am keen to check this year's paper out and try it out myself.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
i feel really screwed, i skipped a 3 mark question :( it was the second last one in the communication questions that was asking about the blue/green/red lightwaves....also i thought multiple choice was really hard and a lot of my friends got different answers than me. Will anyone on the site write suggested answers or?
Yeah sure I can try if the paper is put up soon or someone has a copy...

studygirl118

HSC
Yeah so do your think the b6 cut off will be a little lower? Like 78% or something?? Cause it was harder than last years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tlv6554

HSC
If anyone knows where we can find the answers for this year's paper (if anyone has put them up yet), can you let us know?

OkDen

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you guys remember the vaccine question?

- Was it a different vaccine every year?
- Did you guys do a line graph or column graph?

luco0108

HSC
was anyone else confused by the mutated aldosterone gene question? that one really threw me off and I wasn't sure how to answer it. Were they hinting to beadle and Tatums experiment?? how did everyone else find it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)