HSC Biology exam paper (1 Viewer)

Candidate

HSC
Exactly! There was a question worth 5 marks and they had like 2 lines on it, as opposed to how much I answered.... I know they tell us to keep it concise but, m8 that's not concise that's like a compact summary.
They are not B6 answers. It is general info that the markers compile to help them mark a response :p

Does anyone know of a plant disease that Australia keeps out with quarantine??

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
They are not B6 answers. It is general info that the markers compile to help them mark a response :p

I know a disease which is not spread all over Australia but only in some regions?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

I just use mouth foot disease and fruit flies. lol, just say cannabis or some sht. mite contaminate Australia's renowned plantations.

bui123

HSC
last year had quite a bit of skills/pracs
i think
They had 2 complete questions last year, One asking about the size estimation of RBC and a question on enzyme activity influenced by temp, ph and substrate conc. everything else was around search for better health haha. I think the stuff testing on skills and whatnot only get heavier each year

blinx96

HSC

disease: sorghum downy mildew
fungus inhibits plants ability to make chlorophyll, which results in the death of the plant (hasn't entered australia). Quarantine measures include the banning of entry of any live plant material and the strict process of examination that seedlings go under.
:)

Last edited:

blinx96

HSC
can someone summarise transcription and translation for me (i know it but i can't fit all of my knowledge into the room given for the question lols ... HSC 2005 Biology Q18)?

leesh95

HSC
For the prac/ skills I am really inclined towards the xylem and phloem one.

Also something on blood and kidney's.

leesh95

HSC

Wait the sample answers are not really sample answers?

blinx96

HSC
they had red blood cells/white blood cells prac last year so doubt it will come up
xylem and phloem is everywhere lol
maybe they will ask compare structures of arteries, veins and capillaries... who knows its the BOS

leesh95

HSC
What about Malaria timeline? Has that ever been asked

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I just use mouth foot disease and fruit flies. lol, just say cannabis or some sht. mite contaminate Australia's renowned plantations.
Is weed a weed though?

probs difference between rods and cones, label parts of the eye and its function, something to do with myopia and hyperopia and technologies to assist with sight/sound difficulties and something about some gay as prac.
Nek min 8 marker on action potentials

yasminee96

HSC
WTF? ur school does two trials????
explain how that works??? (like how much are each of them weighted?? )
haha well each subject weighs the trials differently. For bio and phys first trial was only 10% and second was 20% which i found quite stupid. Generally, though, people did better in trial 1 so that sucked. For english it was 15% for both. Maths had trial 1 15% and trial 2 25% i believe.
I think it's heaps good. Half the stuff is drilled into my head because we basically studied everything twice, because you forget everything after an exam hahaha, and then studied it one more time before hsc. And then we do past paper practice for BOTH trials, which means we get a lot of em done before hsc study even begins! It's awesome.

Spiritual Bean

The only
HSC
haha well each subject weighs the trials differently. For bio and phys first trial was only 10% and second was 20% which i found quite stupid. Generally, though, people did better in trial 1 so that sucked. For english it was 15% for both. Maths had trial 1 15% and trial 2 25% i believe.
I think it's heaps good. Half the stuff is drilled into my head because we basically studied everything twice, because you forget everything after an exam hahaha, and then studied it one more time before hsc. And then we do past paper practice for BOTH trials, which means we get a lot of em done before hsc study even begins! It's awesome.
nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)