HSC Chemistry Exam Solutions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
PDF is up :) Alright guys let me know if there are any mistakes or etc. I will do the Q30 tomorrow some time and upload the finalised PDF then
What a guy, got the solutions out before Matrix. Btw how do you get them? I'm curious :p

worldno17

HSC
N/A
hellooo, i have a question. at school, they taught us that u count sig figs for pH (and pH only) after the decimal point begins, consistent to what's said on websites online. so 2.000 would have 3 sig figs. wondering if the hsc marks it in this way?

Idkwhattoput

HSC
Uni Grad
hellooo, i have a question. at school, they taught us that u count sig figs for pH (and pH only) after the decimal point begins, consistent to what's said on websites online. so 2.000 would have 3 sig figs. wondering if the hsc marks it in this way?
That's what I did

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah it is like that. I was just tired so did it fast will fix it up

JHan382

HSC
Chemistry exam paper is out, which I attached

Also, does anyone have ideas of what a raw mark of around 95 will scale to? This paper seems to be easier than previous years due to the lack of extended response questions, so I'm not entirely confident with using the raw mark database.

Attachments

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh whoops forgot to upload the file for the updated answers with the Q30 will do it when I get home today

Last edited:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Chemistry exam paper is out, which I attached

Also, does anyone have ideas of what a raw mark of around 95 will scale to? This paper seems to be easier than previous years due to the lack of extended response questions, so I'm not entirely confident with using the raw mark database.
It is hard to say as we do not know their marking standard and it is a new syllabus, so making comparisons to the old syllabus papers and the difficulty is almost impossible to do. But roughly speaking 95 raw mark will be around 97/98 in past

dumbfuck

HSC
N/A
I'm really hoping the rest of the state besides the top 50/top 100 schools found it tough. Cause despite going to a top 100 school, I'm still trash at chem, all self-taught lmao. And maybe NESA marks it not excruciatingly tough, more leniency since new syllabus tings.

Anyone got any ideas on what a raw mark of 67-70 would be?

Last edited:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm really hoping the rest of the state besides the top 50/top 100 schools found it tough. Cause despite going to a top 100 school, I'm still trash at chem, all self-taught lmao. And maybe NESA marks it not excruciatingly tough, more leniency since new syllabus tings.

Anyone got any ideas on what a raw mark of 67-70 would be?
Probably a low band 5

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Finalised document is up guys :)

I will see you guys sometime soon going to be taking a break as I said before from this website for a while. I will be back but at the moment not sure how long I will be gone. Congratulations to everyone for finishing their HSC :D I hope all of you enjoy your break now. Try not to think too much about results / ATARs etc. for now and just take some time to relax and enjoy yourself as you have earned it after this long year of work. Good luck for when you get your marks as well :)

Jendeukie

HSC
N/A
I wonder how accurate Matrix is compared to Jazz lmao their marking is so easy (apart from enthalpy and entropy) my marks rise by like 5. It's the difference between a low and high band 6... considering NESA is nice enough that only one question is marked on sig figs.

Jazz a real legend but I'm gonna have to hope NESA marks almost as nice as Matrix lol. Hope I didn't jinx myself by saying that though, on one hand they might take into acc it's a new syllabus but on the other hand this exam was a lot easier. Oh well. Goodluck to everyone and enjoy your break~

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)