HSC Drama IP 2020 Scriptwriting Help Needed! (1 Viewer)

PikaAnime123

HSC
Hello! I'm doing Scriptwriting for my HSC IP Drama this year, and I'm having trouble with some aspect of it that I hope to get some advice on how I should go about it. For the story of my Script, I was planning to revolve the idea around the social structure that suggests Men being the one required to earn the most money doing their jobs, while Women having to be the housewives by supporting their homes and taking care of the chores around the household despite being allowed to work as well. I want to highlight the problem that Parents following this social system are becoming ignorant in the problems that inflicting Gender Stereotypes belief onto their children are impacting them negatively in various ways throughout them living their lives, and to encourage families to provide equality treatment between their children regardless of gender and any social influences. My characters will consist of 2 Families that include 1 son and 1 daughter and 1 father and 1 wife in each family. The problem I'm having is how can I create characters that have their own personal conflicts to develop from but at the same time connects with the idea of overcoming Gender Stereotypes as an underlined theme? How can I create dialogue so that it's extremely natural and that it doesn't keep mentioning Gender Stereotype as the main theme onto someone's face? Thank you very much, and sorry that this is long!

idkkdi

HSC
Hello! I'm doing Scriptwriting for my HSC IP Drama this year, and I'm having trouble with some aspect of it that I hope to get some advice on how I should go about it. For the story of my Script, I was planning to revolve the idea around the social structure that suggests Men being the one required to earn the most money doing their jobs, while Women having to be the housewives by supporting their homes and taking care of the chores around the household despite being allowed to work as well. I want to highlight the problem that Parents following this social system are becoming ignorant in the problems that inflicting Gender Stereotypes belief onto their children are impacting them negatively in various ways throughout them living their lives, and to encourage families to provide equality treatment between their children regardless of gender and any social influences. My characters will consist of 2 Families that include 1 son and 1 daughter and 1 father and 1 wife in each family. The problem I'm having is how can I create characters that have their own personal conflicts to develop from but at the same time connects with the idea of overcoming Gender Stereotypes as an underlined theme? How can I create dialogue so that it's extremely natural and that it doesn't keep mentioning Gender Stereotype as the main theme onto someone's face? Thank you very much, and sorry that this is long!
The problems and situations should be around the parents imposing such scenarios and kids trying to adapt or whatever you have in mind. If you keep in mind the construction and the plot of the scene to be centralised around an event that reflects the theme, the dialogue should flow naturally and the problems with gender stereotypes should show itself naturally rather than forcefully.

One idea that comes to mind for such a play is for the quintessential identity crisis of a tomboyish girl and an effeminate boy to be existent in one of the families or one in both or smth along those lines. This would lead to an identity crisis upon the gender impositions and thus relate to the theme.

Take these ideas with a grain of salt because I don’t do drama.

PikaAnime123

HSC
The problems and situations should be around the parents imposing such scenarios and kids trying to adapt or whatever you have in mind. If you keep in mind the construction and the plot of the scene to be centralised around an event that reflects the theme, the dialogue should flow naturally and the problems with gender stereotypes should show itself naturally rather than forcefully.

One idea that comes to mind for such a play is for the quintessential identity crisis of a tomboyish girl and an effeminate boy to be existent in one of the families or one in both or smth along those lines. This would lead to an identity crisis upon the gender impositions and thus relate to the theme.

Take these ideas with a grain of salt because I don’t do drama.
Thank you very much! I think the idea of focusing on identity crisis of a tomboyish girl and effeminate boy is one I'd like to have as one of my major character subplots. I think Identity Crisis is definitely a problem that's resulted from gender stereotypes being inflicted, so thank you! However, I still have no confidence in being able to have the plot of my scene to be centralised to the theme to the point of capable enough to construct dialogue that naturally flows. In fact no matter how I write a scene, I always end up making the theme come out forced and not natural at all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)