HSC English Advanced Essays (1 Viewer)

Gr00by

HSC
Memorising an essay is literally completely fine. I know state rankers and they all memorised essays in English. Same goes for the top of my cohort. The thing is you shouldn't be memorisng an essay blindly but in most cases if you took the time to write a good essay of your own (NOT COPY another persons), you should have like a decent amount of the essay memorised somewhat not word to word. Also if not, your themes and ideas def will be memorised so you can memories those an extent and then adapt on the day.

Then building up your adapting skill are prob the 2nd most important thing on the day. If you do not know the content of the text and you memorise blindly that's when it prob falls into the DO NOT area.? Not too sure though, this is just my thoughts would love to hear anyone else's opinion.

breadcrumbs

HSC
i think it definitely depends on the person as one of my friends, who is one of the top students in the eng adv cohort memorises her essays, while also getting extensive feedback from her teacher very frequently and is also someone who is very passionate about english and literature. on the other hand, i have some other friends who also memorised essays but were unable to receive feedback to the same extent as other friend that i just mentioned and in turn, they received feedback across the modules that they did not engage with the question enough.

personally, ive been memorising essays throughout this entire year up until trials and i wasnt able to push into the A range for any of my assessments because i simply lacked the ability to adapt my prepared essays and on top of that, i dont have anyone who is willing to provide me with extensive feedback (not even my teacher :D)

also, i am someone who finds it absolutely impossible to memorise big chunks of writing and it took me way too long to realise that so for the trials, i
initially had essays which were absolutely shredded by my friend, but then i converted these into quote tables and memorised my analysis alongside it, while also applying the feedback my friend gave to me for the essays i had before. i ended up being able to get low-A to mid-A range marks for each section in the trial (except mod c im a lost cause for that module).

memorising essays is in my opinion, definitely the best option and i wish i was capable of being able to do that, but memorising quote tables + analysis is also viable. but to perform well with either of them, i think it is essential to put in the time to refine what u have.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
i think it definitely depends on the person as one of my friends, who is one of the top students in the eng adv cohort memorises her essays, while also getting extensive feedback from her teacher very frequently and is also someone who is very passionate about english and literature. on the other hand, i have some other friends who also memorised essays but were unable to receive feedback to the same extent as other friend that i just mentioned and in turn, they received feedback across the modules that they did not engage with the question enough.

personally, ive been memorising essays throughout this entire year up until trials and i wasnt able to push into the A range for any of my assessments because i simply lacked the ability to adapt my prepared essays and on top of that, i dont have anyone who is willing to provide me with extensive feedback (not even my teacher :D)

also, i am someone who finds it absolutely impossible to memorise big chunks of writing and it took me way too long to realise that so for the trials, i
initially had essays which were absolutely shredded by my friend, but then i converted these into quote tables and memorised my analysis alongside it, while also applying the feedback my friend gave to me for the essays i had before. i ended up being able to get low-A to mid-A range marks for each section in the trial (except mod c im a lost cause for that module).

memorising essays is in my opinion, definitely the best option and i wish i was capable of being able to do that, but memorising quote tables + analysis is also viable. but to perform well with either of them, i think it is essential to put in the time to refine what u have.
so for legal what do u do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)