HSC Exam (1 Viewer)

know_it_all

These threads all seem to be about the history project as opposed to our exam approaching a lil too quickly for my liking...
so here is the place to voice concerns, advice, suggestions, issues regarding the actual exam

jdrockefeller

HSC
Modern before this baby! I've been doing some light study on this subject, gonna go see my tacher tomorrow just to see what I should know, quotes and everything.

This subject is my favourite. Good content areas and very easy to predict the nature of the questions in the HSC. Extension FTW!!!!

miss cherry

- ladidaaaa -
HSC
arrgh..*stress* i hav 4 more exams to go as well, plus i have physics the same day as ext. is anyone else in the same boat? n ext history is one of my faves at school as well. damn hsc timetabling!

know_it_all

i duno bout every1 else
but i was really excited to do the jfk case study
but looking back, i really like the historio section more

jimjim

yeah, im really looking forward to jfk.. gonna be easy as! just remember quotes and context and ur set - context influences their way of writing! but for historians.. shit! :( im really not looking forward to that! what do u reckon they'll ask this year?! i reckon facts maybe?

Carnivour

HSC
miss cherry said:
arrgh..*stress* i hav 4 more exams to go as well, plus i have physics the same day as ext. is anyone else in the same boat? n ext history is one of my faves at school as well. damn hsc timetabling!
yeah im same boat as you - i have phys and ext on same day.
i also have ancient and chem before those two motherf****** so it will be a fun week.

raeraerae

HSC
I still have two before extension history but im kinda stressing about what to do. Are you guys going to prepare 4 historians for the case study and how many debates? like you know how in JFK there are 5 (man and myth etc)....

jdrockefeller

HSC
3 people in my History Extension class have:

Wednesday
AM: Chemistry

Thursday
AM: Modern

Friday
AM: Physics
PM: History Extension

Tight

know_it_all

jdrockefeller said:
3 people in my History Extension class have:

Wednesday
AM: Chemistry

Thursday
AM: Modern

Friday
AM: Physics
PM: History Extension

Tight
thats crazy..

wick3d_aussie

I got Chem, modern and ext next week.... gonna be pretty hectic!! starting to freak out right..... now....

mcsmells

HSC
Lol yay!
I'm so glad everyone else has a horrible week
I thought the Board of Studies were just like "Oh man look at this kid he does chemistry, ancient history, physics and ext. history! Lets screw him over and put them all in the same week"
You know it happens all the time to me
Anyway on a lighter topic...
I really don't know how to properly approach the second section, i only got like 18 for it in the trial. We're doing elizabeth
anyway...
could someone please give me a clue on how to structure the essay, and what the examiners want from the section.
From what i gather its writing about two historical debates and thats about all i know

bind

wee i have a fun week of history ahead . tuesday: ancient, thursday: modern, friday: ext. weeee.

anyway. argh. im doing elizabeth too mcsmells. and i feel really unprepared. i feel fine for the 'what is history' essay, but eeee elizabeth = *big sad face*..

and a question...can they only ask us to talk about two focus areas? know what i mean like two of those focus areas of the case study? because thats all i have prepared. and ill have a cry if i have to talk about 3 or something. any help? and mcsmells, if you want to have a cry with me about elizabeth.. im bindi_eye87@hotmail.com so add me to msn if you would like to share my pain. good luck everyone.

vegemite

HSC
Yeah I've got:
Monday - Ext Enlish
Tue - Ancient
Thursday - Modern
Friday - Extension
:S

Extension won't be too bad. Is anyone else doing Spain and the Aztec Empire for their case study?

jodi_p

dont worry guys - im in the timetable-is-really-crap boat too.
i have modern in the morning on thurs, then society and culture in the arvo! thats 5 hours and nine essasy to write.

should be really fun.

is anyone else doing the case study of australian prehistory? most people seem to be doing jfk and elizabeth.....

how do you study for the 'what is hist' section?

good luck everyone - my ex hist class is hitting the city after the exam..... we all finish on that day!!

niteshade1312

HSC
to study for the hist section, you should know quite a few historians and their perspecties and how they have

-contributed
-approached
-aim/purposes
-interpretations
-conflicts
- contributed

To history. I have 4 main historians and will take in another two, jsut in case,

raeraerae

HSC
Do you mean you have four main historians for the first section on what is history? or the case study bit?

nwatts

HSC
niteshade1312 said:
to study for the hist section, you should know quite a few historians and their perspecties and how they have

-contributed
-approached
-aim/purposes
-interpretations
-conflicts
- contributed

To history. I have 4 main historians and will take in another two, jsut in case,
Which are your four historians?

I'm trying to pick a few who say a lot, but I'm having trouble finding a good balance. All the ones I like seem to be raving Marxists. :p

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
raeraerae said:
I still have two before extension history but im kinda stressing about what to do. Are you guys going to prepare 4 historians for the case study and how many debates? like you know how in JFK there are 5 (man and myth etc)....[/QUOTE

since the new syllabus kicked in, they've always asked for two debates and at times they've specified atleast two historians. Otherwise it's just two areas of debates and they don't specify but i guess two would be the minimum seeing as it's about the debates! I really hope they don't screw us over and ask for three:(

I'm doing convict women and am going to prepare 2 and have a brief idea of another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)