HSC Exams vs Trial Exams (1 Viewer)

BrokenGlass

HSC
Just wondering: How hard would you say the actual HSC exams are compared to the Trials?
eg. - Physics, Chemistry are they harder than trials? (Trials of top schools)
Maths - Ext 1 and 2 - easier, harder?
ENGLISH - ???

deswa1

HSC
Top schools does not equal hard. On a general level, I would say phys and chem are similar in difficulty but marked harder, 3U is probs a tiny bit harder in HSC and 4U is quite a bit harder in HSC. English you can't tell because it comes down to how your teachers mark rather than the actual difficulty of the paper.

enoilgam

HSC
Just wondering: How hard would you say the actual HSC exams are compared to the Trials?
eg. - Physics, Chemistry are they harder than trials? (Trials of top schools)
Maths - Ext 1 and 2 - easier, harder?
ENGLISH - ???
It really depends, these things vary greatly. Like, I have heard that CSSA english is supposed to be more difficult then the actual HSC - but that may not be the case every year and difficulty can be subjective with something like english.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Top schools does not equal hard. On a general level, I would say phys and chem are similar in difficulty but marked harder, 3U is probs a tiny bit harder in HSC and 4U is quite a bit harder in HSC. English you can't tell because it comes down to how your teachers mark rather than the actual difficulty of the paper.
I would be game enough to say that over 95% of schools do not mark as hard as the HSC in physics and chemistry.

The difficulty of maths trials depends purely on the school, my school (rank ~35) had a maximum raw mark in the 80s in 2U this year but top mark in HSC is high 90s (HSC Mark). Schools like Sydney Grammar tend to have the very difficult maths exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)