HSC Extension 1 Mathematics Predictions / Thoughts (2 Viewers)

NoUsername

HSC
when u say it depends on my ranking in externals, do you mean ranking as part of my cohort, or the state?
In your cohort, the highest exam mark becomes rank 1's assessment mark, and the rest are distributed depending on ranks, maintaining the rank fo each student and the gaps between them. So if you maintained second in the exam, it is likely that your assessment mark will be very close to your exam mark.

NoUsername

HSC
wait, so if i get like 3rd or 4th externally, will my mark be closer to what i got internally or externally, sorry, i don't quite understand
Your internal marks aren't actually used, your final mark depends more on your internal ranking. The exam marks are used as assessment marks, just distributed through your cohort. So, if you come third or fourth externally, your assessment mark will be slightly lower than your exam mark. I think that's how it works, its a very complicated process, and if anyone knows better than I, please correct me. I think its just best to not focus on the small details, its just if you do well, you'll get a good mark.

Fabrizio

HSC
wait, so if i get like 3rd or 4th externally, will my mark be closer to what i got internally or externally, sorry, i don't quite understand
External exam marks get calculated and everyone has a 'rank'. But say the person who came second in internals does worse and comes 6. He will get the average of the mark he got and then also the mark of the person who came second in the externals. So for you its a problem if the person that beat you and the people below you did badly because then no one drags your mark up. But if people ranked below you in internals do better then you in externals they will drag your mark up depending on the gaps

Xanthi

HSC
Halve the % of marks lost and you'll get a good estimate for your aligned mark

Fabrizio

HSC
For the online atar calculators, do you input raw marks or the scaled marks you can get from rawmarks.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)