Hsc in one week! (4 Viewers)

HSC
Most texts you can write about for any question, you just have to be flexible with your arguments (ie. be prepared to ditch a rote essay if you have to)
True!

But what if your question is like, how is a sense of belonging achieved ddbdfbbfb and your 2 related texts are all about not belonging

SuchSmallHands

HSC
True!

But what if your question is like, how is a sense of belonging achieved ddbdfbbfb and your 2 related texts are all about not belonging
X is integral to the establishment of a sense of belonging. The absence of x can be remarkably detrimental to an individual's ability to belong, as demonstrated in text y...

OR

While x is a necessary element of belonging, it's presence does not guarantee that an individual will be able to develop a sense of social cohesion as demonstrated in text y...

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
X is integral to the establishment of a sense of belonging. The absence of x can be remarkably detrimental to an individual's ability to belong, as demonstrated in text y...

OR

While x is a necessary element of belonging, it's presence does not guarantee that an individual will be able to develop a sense of social cohesion as demonstrated in text y...
Ahahah pretty much this!! :)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
If my years of laziness have taught me anything it's how to adapt the little I know to whatever they give me haha

HSC
Okay, what about this question.

'Belonging just doesn't happen; it involves many experiences and factors in order to feel that you truly belong' How has the study of your core text and two other related texts highlighted the importance of belonging?

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Okay, what about this question.

'Belonging just doesn't happen; it involves many experiences and factors in order to feel that you truly belong' How has the study of your core text and two other related texts highlighted the importance of belonging?
Texts x, y and z highlight the importance of a sense of belonging through the delineation of the ramifications of a failure to belong. Through an examination of the experiences and factors which are notably absent from the protagonists' interactions with the world around them, an appreciation of the necessity of these elements can be gained through the development of an understanding of the impact of this absence upon the individual's sense of belonging.

HSC
Texts x, y and z highlight the importance of a sense of belonging through the delineation of the ramifications of a failure to belong. Through an examination of the experiences and factors which are notably absent from the protagonists' interactions with the world around them, an appreciation of the necessity of these elements can be gained through the development of an understanding of the impact of this absence upon the individual's sense of belonging.
yeap yeap! So you can argue both belonging and not belonging.

ie, text x and y demonstrate the importance of belonging blah blah blha
text z on the contrary reveals the ramifications and consequences of not belonging, which are affected by A,B & C factors, which if not present, would allow that person to belong...

SuchSmallHands

HSC
yeap yeap! So you can argue both belonging and not belonging.

ie, text x and y demonstrate the importance of belonging blah blah blha
text z on the contrary reveals the ramifications and consequences of not belonging, which are affected by A,B & C factors, which if not present, would allow that person to belong...
Yeah, pretty much. You can always just cleverly rephrase a belonging question to talk about not belonging. I think we'll get either barriers to belonging or identity this year though (unless they go with that super bitchy question I mentioned on the English predictions thread) so being able to talk about not belonging will be really beneficial for barriers.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
hahaha well you have to be prepared for that case :p i was just wondering to see if anyone would actually make a text up
Oh wow, making it up? :/

Would be very difficult to formulate a high band response whilst creating your own text, I would think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)