Hsc journal 2015 (1 Viewer)

simmyyy

HSC
Well, i guess as many others before me I shall try (and hopefully succeed) in keeping this thing going till the end. As my motivation levels have hit ultimate low thinking of the fact that there are only 6 months left till the HSC and with Term 3 starting tomorrow that i would maintain something like this to keep myself motivated and somehow also organise myself much more than I have already so here it goes.

As someone who is one of the biggest procrastinators, TV show addict and lazy person in general this is one of the most shocking thing i think I'll probably do so if I miss a couple days or so (which i shall try not to do at all) hopefully I can get back to this thing and not abandon it.

CURRENT SUBJECTS
  • English Advanced
  • Legal Studies
  • Economics
  • Biology
  • Maths Extension 1

AIMS:

ATAR GOAL: 95+
UNI DEGREE: B Comm/Law

Welcome to my journey.

Last edited:

zhertec

HSC
Hope this diary lasts throughout the last half of the HSC unlike others...*coughzherteccough* lol, Best of luck!

simmyyy

HSC
Hope this diary lasts throughout the last half of the HSC unlike others...*coughzherteccough* lol, Best of luck!
Yes i shall try my best, it might not be everyday, but hopefully i can find time to update
goodluck, keep it going unlike others! :haha: *cough* Em *cough*
AHAHAHHA yeah i told her today about it and she laughed about it saying it was hard to keep one up to date! Thankyou, i shall however pick up the slack for my bestie and shall keep this going longer than she did :)

simmyyy

HSC
UPDATE: 21/04/2015

Today has been quite the day with this ridiculous weather! Today was the first day back to school for me and I'm quite surprised with how I did with my previous assessments and ranks considering the minimal effort I've been putting in. Economics essay was quite a shocker with 22/25 and my English rank was 14/70 which motivates me to keep this going and get my rank up into the top 10 soon.

As my body hasn't adjusted to the school routine I keep up, sleeping at 3:00 am the night before school was not a good idea so I was unfortunately not as productive as I would like, I will try to pick up the slack tomorrow.

• Managed to complete 3 chunky exercises of Series and Sequences that I had to catch up on
  • Contextual Research on my Mod C prescribed Brave New World
  • Finished Revision Worksheets on Blueprint of Life (due as homework tomorrow)
  • Will after this go and read my Mod C text and annotate

Things I didn't manage to finish
  • Catch up on Biology Notes for Blueprint of Life
  • Draft another Mod A essay

I would be totally happy if others had any advice they would like to bestow upon me! Goodnight :)

simmyyy

HSC
UPDATE: 22/04/2015

So today has been quite the interesting day, with the entire top half of my school's main builiding losing its power and over half the classes being unavailable, the day proved to be quite interesting and I got time to catch up on some stuff I was behind. Going home however was not a productive day as the usual procrastination occurred, but Denzel Washington movie was played through Netflix on the TV and family movie bonding occurred so whoops?

Things I got done:
  • Another 3 chunky exercises for Series and Sequences (catching up is so hard omfg)
  • Creating a mindmap for the Introduction to Search for a Better Health Module (homework due tomorrow)
  • Researching and completeing a worksheet for Module C People and Politics
  • Continuing to Read Brave New World

THINGS I DIDNT DO:
  • An exercise for Exponentials and Logarithmic Functions
  • Catching up on Economics Notes

Lets hope the rain cools down tomorrow because this weather is depressing to be out during school (however amazing to get some studying done). Goodnight! :)

Last edited:

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Simmy if I give you a hug you will automatically get 5 ATAR points. Think about it and get back to me!!

simmyyy

HSC
tbh, maths h/w in general can be a bitch to catch up if you start to become lazy :haha:

also lucky bastard that you get to read Brave New World - it's such a rad text
HAHAHA its such a good book<3 finding a related though, its killing me :(

simmyyy

HSC
UPDATE 23/04/2015

Today is one of those just completely off days, or maybe the lack of sleep is getting to me which was probably why I crashed when I got home. Really need to start improving my sleeping habits *sigh* so yes, sleeping for the majority of the day did take it's toll on my workload today :( I have decided to do an early morning catch up tomorrow, so i believe its an early night for me.

Things I got done:
  • An exercise of Integration for Exponential Functions
  • A Biology Introduction worksheet on Search for Better Health
  • Looked for Mod C Related (narrowed down to two)

Things I didn't get to do:
  • 3 more catch up exercises on Series and Sequences
  • Economics Notes catch up
  • reading Brave New World and continuing to annotate

Goodnight Guys :)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Can we hug a few times?
Yes, hugging for 99 seconds will guarantee you a 99 ATAR.
keen, willing to hug it out.
Yep, I knew you would say yes one day. We might need to have a group hug with ^ to increase the chances of getting d 99.95 ater.

Anyway simmy good night, *hugs*!! And don't procrastinate as much as I do tomorrow lol!

simmyyy

HSC
UPDATE 24/04/2015

So today was not how I expected it to go, a lot of stress has been surrounding me atm and it's just been getting to my head so I did what any seventeen year old teenage girl does and procrastinated with netflix and junk food to provide me comfort so today was a total disaster study wise but just the perfect break i needed from all this stress. Thankyou Greys Anatomy and 2 Broke Girls <3

Things I got done:
  • An exercise of Logarithmic functions
  • An exercise of Series and Sequences ( i hope i never stop doing homework during assessment time, catching up is so painful)
  • Procrastination
  • Catching up with TV shows
  • pitying myself for being a HSC student

Well that just about sums up my day, I shall hopefully not procrastinate as much as I did tomorrow and catch up on what I've missed out on.

simmyyy

HSC
UPDATE 26/04/2015

Hola amigos, whoever reads this anyway ahaha, sorry for the no show yesterday. I literally did nothing, and by nothing I mean watching an entire season of 2 Broke Girls, yes i know i am ashamed of myself. It's HSC and I should be taking things more seriously, but honestly I have been feeling so shitty that studying was not an option. Its okay, no more slip ups unless I'm in exam period time.

Things i got done:
  • Watched Citizen Kane (Mod B text)
  • Did an exercise of Logarthmic Functions
  • Thought about how to structure out a Mod B essay
  • went english tutoring and got my thinking cap on for a solid 2 hours (yay for late finishes)

Things i didn't get done
  • A lot of things.

A new week tomorrow, and more determination. Shall try harder to do things right this week, starting by waking up early to go to morning class for Economics (we started exam prep) so yas lets get this thing started. Goodnight amigos, till next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)