HSC Legal Studies Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

studiesofboard

HSC
While serving a custodial sentence, a murderer writes a book about her crime. She is not permitted to keep the money from the book sales. This means that a court has made an order for
A. continued detention.
B. the payment of a fine.
C. the forfeiture of assets.
D. participation in a rehabilitation program.
What do yall reckon this one is?
I chose c.

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
While serving a custodial sentence, a murderer writes a book about her crime. She is not permitted to keep the money from the book sales. This means that a court has made an order for
A. continued detention.
B. the payment of a fine.
C. the forfeiture of assets.
D. participation in a rehabilitation program.
What do yall reckon this one is?
I chose C

beetree1

HSC
16. D
17. A
18. C
19. A
20. A

why are my answers so different to everyone else im just gonna go kms..... jk haha .. unless

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
If anyone is still interested, these are my solutions (got 98 last year):
1. D
2. A
3. A
4. C
5. D
6. B
7. A
8. C
9. C
10. D
11. B
12. B
13. A
14. C
15. B
16. D
17. A
18. C
19. C
20. B
thanks!! (I got Q14) D, Q19)B Q20)A )
Btw for Q10) most of my friends got offence against the sovereign but I got the same answer as you (offence against international community) so I'm hoping it is right

Last edited:

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
If anyone is still interested, these are my solutions (got 98 last year):
1. D
2. A
3. A
4. C
5. D
6. B
7. A
8. C
9. C
10. D
11. B
12. B
13. A
14. C
15. B
16. D
17. A
18. C
19. C
20. B
can you please post your solutions to the MC for HSC business studies paper once NESA releases it on their website. Thanks!

HSC
Just wondering, why is it not consent? for q20
Consent is generally required when nation states are resolving a dispute at the ICJ. Given the extreme nature of crimes the ICC prosecutes (Crimes against the international community), consent is not a requisite.

HSC
Btw for Q10) most of my friends got offence against the sovereign but I got the same answer as you (offence against international community) so I'm hoping it is right
Offences against the sovereign - atleast in the HSC syllabus - are generally when the criminal transgresses against their own government (eg. Sedition and treason). In Q10, the nuclear bomb is clear evidence of a Crime against humanity; a systematic attack on a population (Crime against the international community).

Last edited:
HSC
For Q14, I definitely agree that a huge benefit of diversionary programs (like cautions) is that they reduce court traffic and increase their efficiency. However, I wouldn't say that is its primary purpose. The law's most fundamental role is to facilitate justice and ensure the offender does not reoffend, in this situation, by instilling fear through the formal caution.

Q19, the UN Charter was devised back in 1945 and while it does mention peace rights, it makes no specific reference to environmental rights. The best answer is (C) considering how broad these rights are. For example if the right to peace, is satisfied, this will also satisfy the right to life, right to be treated with dignity, right to freedom from torture etc.

Q20. Consent is not required when prosecuting crimes against the international community (in the ICC) - otherwise, nobody would be tried there as no one would consent. Consent is only required for resolving disputes in the ICJ. The biggest challenge is arresting/indicting as the offender may attempt to hide or flee

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)