HSC marking concern (1 Viewer)

AAAAB

HSC
N/A
With the HSC results in one week, I've re-entered panic mode in anticipation of my HSC English mark.

What happened was I wrote my introduction for my module C essay and found I wasn't happy with the thesis statement, so I crossed it out. There was no room to write a new thesis statement, so I asked the examiner, and she told me to write the thesis statement in a separate booklet.

So my essay is literally: Booklet One - 2 lines (thesis statement); Booklet Two - rest of my introduction and first body paragraph; Booklet Three - rest of essay.

It's terrible structurally with the thesis statement in its own booklet, but that's not what I'm afraid of. My concern is that the marker saw my essay, read the thesis statement and found the rest of the booklet was empty, thinking that's all I wrote for my essay, giving me 1/20, when the rest of the essay is found in the other two booklets.

When the markers mark a script, does it say how many pages there are? Or how many booklets?

Just need to make sure that the marker didn't think I only wrote two lines.

Thanks.

Flop21

HSC
Why wouldn't they see the first booklet if you wrote that was the first booklet? They will read them in order from 1 to end.

crowley926

HSC
Chill bro
The exam supervisors would have picked up on any problems and your booklets are numbered
Nothing you can do about it now anyway

leehuan

HSC
Chill bro
The exam supervisors would have picked up on any problems and your booklets are numbered
Nothing you can do about it now anyway
Basically this. On top of that they will see you did cross out your thesis in the other booklet when they reach booklet two anyway. The examiners find ways to give students marks

AAAAB

HSC
N/A
Thanks guys. Definitely need to relax a bit more.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You have three booklets for the same response - right?

So IF this section is still marked at a centre all three booklets will end up with the one marker as one response.

IF this section is online marked it will probably be scanned as one response but if not when the computer comes to putting in the marks it will record two marks for the one question which it will refuse to accept and cause a manual check to take place and the entire response will then be marked as one response.

Don't panic.

coz707

HSC
All my teachers tell me that the markers try as hard as they can to understand your response coherently. If they have any intelligence at all they would easily pick up on the structure of your essay.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Most markers are teachers themselves and want to give marks as they would like other markers to give their students marks.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Don't worry-- The examiners will make sure to take note of what happened to your essay/ booklets. And pretty sure all exams from one school are shipped off to one marking centre... They'll need to be organised that way so that there aren't papers flying around everywhere haha.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
All papers are sent to wherever the papers are sent.

IF they are still marked in a centre it is possible that different parts of the paper go to different places e.g. there have been times when one section of the English papers were marked outside the Sydney Metropolitan area such as Bathurst but ...

these days I think English, like the Histories, are computer marked by markers at home and thus the papers are in one place where they are scanned and dealt with from there.

leehuan

HSC
The results are being sent out in a day. I think we can leave this post alone now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)