HSC marks help (1 Viewer)

josephm

HSC
My main problem is how much i'm disappointed in my mx2 1st assessment i would like to get an atar of above 95 so approx 96/97ish but i think i may have stuffed up.... my first assessment marks which were held last term were : Biology 90%
Chemistry :100%
2U Maths 85%
4u Maths 34%
As maths is meant to be my best subject i went the worst in it.... ? My subjects are mathsx2 , chem, physics, bio and standard eng which are reasonable.
If i maintain my marks for bio, chem and physics keeping them around 88 and lifting up my maths marks aiming for around an average of 65 for 4u and 80 for 3u is a 95 atar possible considering a mark of around 82 give or take in english ??
oh and im the only student in MX2 and one of 3 in Mx1 would it possible lift my scaled mark up as there are less students ?

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
My main problem is how much i'm disappointed in my mx2 1st assessment i would like to get an atar of above 95 so approx 96/97ish but i think i may have stuffed up.... my first assessment marks which were held last term were : Biology 90%
Chemistry :100%
2U Maths 85%
4u Maths 34%
As maths is meant to be my best subject i went the worst in it.... ? My subjects are mathsx2 , chem, physics, bio and standard eng which are reasonable.
If i maintain my marks for bio, chem and physics keeping them around 88 and lifting up my maths marks aiming for around an average of 65 for 4u and 80 for 3u is a 95 atar possible considering a mark of around 82 give or take in english ??
oh and im the only student in MX2 and one of 3 in Mx1 would it possible lift my scaled mark up as there are less students ?
why do u do 2U maths if u do 4U maths....

34% in first assess!? O_O HOW?

madharris

HSC
N/A
If you're the only one in your class you can get 0% in all your assessments and still get 1st in the state as what you get in the HSC is your own mark.

But if you're getting 34 in 4u you really need to consider whether it's worth putting your other marks at risk to work on 4u (especially because you're doing 3 sciences which is quite a lot of work + standard english which will probably pull your mark down and will need reasonable amount of time devoted to it)

Madridismo

HSC
why do u do 2U maths if u do 4U maths....

34% in first assess!? O_O HOW?
Some schools (such as mine) would make people do the 2U course as well in case they decided to drop 4u in which case they won't have to do any 2u catch up.

Ustritsa

HSC
N/A
Joseph, your raw marks are almost completely irrelevant. Telling us how you ranked in those subjects and the rank of your school would be a much better way to get an accurate assessment of the situation.

I can speak with you more about this if you'd like, email if you have any questions.

Myans

HSC
To add to Ustritsa:

Since you are the only MX2 person in your cohort, your raw marks are completely irrelevant as you are automatically ranked 1. However, that means your internal and external HSC marks will be the same, and are solely dependent on your MX2 external performance. So don't worry too much about the raw marks at this point, one bad assessment will have NO affect on your internal performance. BUT, let this result be the impetus to study harder, bump up those marks, cut out the sillies and push into the B6. Good luck.

Last edited:

Ustritsa

HSC
N/A
100% Agree with the above.^

Except for the B6 part...E4 is what you ;)

josephm

HSC
sorry for being delayed i had LOTs of homework last couple of days but thanks for the advice and information most people on here know more than most of the people i know haha :) so Ustritsa i'm ranked 1st in chem but im aiming to stay in the top 4 definitely and for physics i would like to come first but say i come 3rd as there are people in my class who are great at physics and bio wont matter much however 4u and 3u i'll be coming first and 2u wont matter but there still making me do the tests i'm 2nd at the moment ... if it isnt a long and complicated way would you know how exactly does everything work ??
Thanks loads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)