HSC Maths, Chem, Physics and Olympiad Tutoring (Castle Hill) | 99.80 ATAR (1 Viewer)

nanoputian

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,

I graduated from Baulkham Hills High School (2016) with an ATAR of 99.80. I will be studying Bachelor of Actuarial Studies/ Bachelor of Advanced Science (Maths) (Honours) at UNSW.

I am offering tutoring for Chemistry and all levels of Mathematics (2U, 3U and 4U).

I am also offering tutoring for the Chemistry and Physics Olympiad exams (including the Chemistry FSE). I have been selected for the Australian Chemistry Olympiad Camp in 2015 and 2016 and I was also selected for the Australian Physics Olympiad Camp in 2016. In 2016, I won a gold medal and was selected into the top 2 for the Australian Chemistry Team. As a member of the Australian Chemistry Olympiad Team I won a bronze medal at the 2016 International Chemistry Olympiad.

Vacancies
Individual spots are ALMOST FILLED
Due to LIMITED SPOTS, I will be offering group classes of 2-4 people.

What I Offer
- High level of KNOWLEDGE which extends well beyond the required syllabus
- EXPERIENCE from someone who has recently sat the HSC (2016) with outstanding results
- EXTENSIVE digital resource bank containing hard to get to past papers and high quality notes from state rankers
- UNDERSTANDING your weaknesses to provide a personalised teaching style
- COMMUNICATING difficult concepts effectively and in an engaging manner
- COMMITMENT to improving your marks which will ultimately pave your way to success in the HSC

How the Lessons are Structured
- personalised teaching style to communicate concepts and ideas effectively
- high quality, comprehensive notes which cover each dot-point by dot-point as well in-class questions for each dot-point
- tell you what key buzz words and phrases markers look for
- weekly homework which is thoroughly marked and provide extensive feedback to ensure maximum improvement.

How you can Benefit
- gain a solid understanding of concepts
- efficient exam technique
- how to structure responses to gain full marks
- comprehensive understanding of the marking criteria

Experience
I have 2 years of experience in coaching and preparing school children for the Chemistry Olympiad NQE. Weekly, I have prepared extensive notes and elaborate worksheets for over 40 students. I have been greatly successful in my teaching style. This is reflected by the numerous students who successfully achieved gold, silver, bronze medals and being successfully selected for the National Summer Camp (top 24 in Australia).

Further, I have informally tutored peers across all levels of maths, chemistry and physics. I have provided unlimited after hours online support to peers, answering questions and explaining complicated concepts.

Achievements
- ATAR - 99.80
- HSC Chemistry (2016) – 95
- HSC Physics (2016)– 95
- HSC Mathematics Extension 1 (2016) – 99
- HSC Mathematics Extension 2 (2016) – 98
- Bronze medal in 2016 International Chemistry Olympiad (Georgia, Tbilisi)
- Gold medal in 2016 Chemistry Olympiad Final Selection Exam
- Bronze medal in 2015 Chemistry Olympiad Final Selection Exam
- Gold medal in 2015 & 2016 Chemistry Olympiad NQE
- Gold medal in 2016 Physics Olympiad NQE
- Silver medal in 2015 Physics Olympiad NQE
- Selected for 2016 National Mathematics Summer School

Price
HSC Subjects (individual) - $30 per hour
Chemistry & Physics Olympiad (individual) - $50 per hour

If you are interested in acquiring a high quality, personal tutor, please contact me at 96343529 or email me at dilshan.wijesena@hotmail.com or leave a comment below.

Last edited:

Chandran

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Maths, Chem, Physics and Olympiad Tutoring (Castle Hill)

Bump for nanoputian (Dilshan).
Having been classmates for the last six years, I can undoubtedly say that he perhaps the most intrinsically talented and academically brilliant individual I know. Although we were in the same year group, his knowledge in mathematics and the sciences had a depth and complexity that truly surpassed mine. In fact, he was the one who taught me chemistry olympiad to great detail in Year 10 and I was in awe of his knowledge.
Dilshan's a truly dedicated tutor who will unpack and deconstruct any questions you have in class, and provide highly-committed after-hours support via email, as he has done with so many of his past students.
If you live in the area, he the guy to go to.

nanoputian

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

All individual spots are FILLED. Because of LIMITED SPOTS and high demand, I will be offering group classes of 3-5 people.

New prices are:
HSC Subjects: $25 per hour
Chemistry and Physics Olympiad: $35 per hour

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)