HSC Maths Exam Thoughts 2023 - multiple methods (1 Viewer)

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
No doubt there will be an HSC Exam Thoughts 2023 subforum created later. In there, no doubt will appear some solutions to the 2023 HSC Maths exams.

In anticipation of this, rather than simply write up one solution per question it would be better to not necessarily write them as if you are doing an exam, but rather spend a long time on each question considering as many alternative solutions to each question as possible. It will result in a much longer document, but ultimately more useful.

Last edited:

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
No doubt there will be an HSC Exam Thoughts 2023 subforum created later. In there, no doubt will appear some solutions to the 2023 HSC Maths exams.

In anticipation of this, rather than simply write up one solution per question it would be better to not necessarily write them as if you are doing an exam, but spend a long time on each question considering as many alternative solutions to each question as possible. It will result in a much longer document, but ultimately more useful.
tldr this thread is to discuss HSC math solutions once we sit exams?

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
tldr this thread is to discuss HSC math solutions once we sit exams?
After the exam if you want to put up solutions in the yet-to-be-created HSC Exam Thoughts 2023 subforum, rather than just put up solutions as you think you did them in the exam, for each question think how else could it be done? For some questions there might not be many alternatives. But for others there may be many possible solutions.

For example, suppose there are 5 methods for a particular question.You're not going to write up 5 alternative solutions during the exam - but for future discussion it's going to be better to put up all 5 methods rather than just 1.

Last edited:

carrotsss

HSC
I think that for most people they just want the basic answer so they can tell if they got it right/wrong but if someone were willing would be put in the time and effort to consider all alternative solutions like that it would be really helpful - I’m not sure if they’d be the first to provide solutions, but it’d be helpful to offer solace for people who want to check their method’s legitimacy (maybe you could do it?)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I think that for most people they just want the basic answer so they can tell if they got it right/wrong but if someone were willing would be put in the time and effort to consider all alternative solutions like that it would be really helpful - I’m not sure if they’d be the first to provide solutions, but it’d be helpful to offer solace for people who want to check their method’s legitimacy (maybe you could do it?)
you watch me come back here 16/10 being like "I fcked up q16 on mx2" and asking for you to help <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)