HSC Music Extension Ensemble Piece (1 Viewer)

Danfish

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm having trouble finding an ensemble piece that I could play for the HSC. I need an ensemble piece that has a challenging (7th grade- AMUS level) piano part. The piece also needs to have interaction between the instruments. I have listened to several pieces for piano and another instrument, but they usually are just piano accompaniments for the other instrument. I have also heard several duets but these seem to sound like solos (sounding as though they only have 2 parts). I have been considering "Butterflies and Hurricanes" by Muse but would prefer something with a definite score. Any suggestions are welcome.

My other pieces are:
Bumble Boogie - Jack Fina
Maple Leaf Rag - Scott Joplin
The Dream of Olwen - Charles Williams
Theme and 12 Deviations - Sonny Chua
Rondo Alla Turca - Mozart

Last edited:

keviny

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Your program is looking terrific. The ensemble piece is so vital to the overall success of your program but I am sure your teacher has told you that.

There are many chamber music pieces which have equal input by all players.

Libertango by Piazolla is cool. One of my students did this a few years ago with piano, accordian, bass and drums.

If you are more classically inclined. Schubert and Mendlessohn wrote many paino trios etc. These are great becasue they clearly define the 'ensemble' idea as required by the BOS.

I know as an examiner I really enjoy a varied and balanced program which shows off your skills. This is so important.

Good luck!
Kev

typo

HSC
WOW impressive PROGRAM
i like
went on youtube to listen to them
i dunno what to say about ensemble.
but i'm doing mendlessohn so yer
dynamic is always good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)