• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC on Friday: Who is ready?? (1 Viewer)

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
OK yes you're right, I do know how to cram. I could write essays on how to. What I mean was, what specific things should I look for to cram. Motivation levels falling.......falling.........falling.......

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
The Nature of Western Imperialism in the 19th Century

Sasky

HSC
um, ok. Dont do that one sorry.

BUT for section one, have notes on the following, even if its just a little:

- WHo are the historians - at least some ancient as well as your chosen few
- What are the historical debates: try - is there indisputable truth, irving trial, frontier history, postmodernism/new history vs objectivity/traditional history, 'history wars' - it all depends on your chosen historian
- What are the purposes of history - look at the historians - go through chronological, include Herodotus, Carr, Bede, Ranke, academic vs popular history, the role of the historian, etc (ur choice really)
- How history has been constructed and recorded: i.e. methods, and types of history - again go chronological, see above
- Why appraches to history have changed - also chronological

And here is a really good tip!
In your answer:
- Address the question
- See the title and conclusion - agree/disagree/both
- Explore issue
- 3 clear major and different points (historical debates and sources)
- No overdoing refs - short quotes
- Include ur response
- Link each paragraph to the next as well as the text
- PEEL: Point, Example, Explanation and Link

Good luck everyone!!! :cool:

One more left!

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
History extension is probably the subject i feel most ready for. Too bad its only one unit.
But i really want it to end. It's my last test and the hsc just keeps dragging on and on

waterfowl

HSC
I also had Ancient today and extension tomorrow, kind of annoying. I don't think I'm prepared for tomorrow, but hopefully I will be OK.
I will have my definition of history, and a couple sources and historians ready (hopefully committed to memory).
I am doing Impact of Rome on the Provinces, btw.
I'm just hoping there isn't a horrible quote like there was in the trial I did.

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
yeah its the same for me - i have a fair amount of knowledge in my brain so cramming wont really be cramming just revising - but yeah i just want it to end - gah hsc takes too long... then again im glad they werent all squished in together.... meh

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Ok....about 7 hours till I'd like to be in bed, that's plenty of time right? *looks worried*. I had modern on tuesday and ancient today, haven't looked at my case study since trials and did terrible back then cos I can only identify one area of debate in our case study....we never went through it like other schools did, working out what the debates are as a class...it's up to us individually.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
hi gem....

at least u kno 1 area from the case study.....

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
pff i dont know anything at all. I read in the notes from the marking centre last year there were 3 non attempts. I should think of something funny to write.....

i kno u would all kill me if i did that

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
OMG only 3! I guess if you're doing extension you like history, not going to throw it away....I'm getting intimidated though. Oh well, at least we're probably the only centre in the state doing the oh-so-thrilling Western Imperialism.

simpz

HSC
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......
i know nothing for ext hist, way to busy tryin to cram for anct hist which turned out to be alright....i will go well in the close study but the historians one i cant be bothered studyin for heaps.....OHWELL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)