HSC Oral Exams: Dates! (1 Viewer)

kini mini

HSC
I seem to remember getting the official notification letter from BOS at least a month in advance. I could be wrong, or things might have changed, but 2 weeks' notice seems too little.

malkin86

HSC
My birthday is the day before the trials start.. And I've got something very important on on the 28th! :p

chepas

HSC
The 2U will be fine, but with someone I don't know.. argh!!!!!

3U will be so shouse....

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
I counts for 20% of you exam mark. Thats a whole one fifth to stuff up!!!

Did anyone go to the practice french speaking day at St Alos at milsons pt the other day?

That was a shock to the system.

chepas

HSC
No? What was that? Dis-m'en plus!

Do they have any more closer to the the dates, or any more at all? Sounds like it was good.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by chepas
No? What was that? Dis-m'en plus!

Do they have any more closer to the the dates, or any more at all? Sounds like it was good.
Maybe it was only a private schools one, but I've heard there are public and selective ones happening too.

well basically, you brang yourself and a casette tape to the school where you are registered for a certain time slot. The aim is to talk in french for 10 mins to a teacher that you have no experience of whilst being recorded, then repeated again. I sound like such a loser on tape. And it was quite nerve wracking, but you got good feedback too.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by chepas
Mmm... interesting. Shall interrogate my teacher.
Ugh, it was awful. But it was good to see that everyone else was stressing out as much as you and the teachers were pretty nice too.

sarahn

HSC
chepas said:
93 Days until the Beginners start!

Gawd.

Anyone else with a birthday near the HSC? Esp. on the days of the exams.... :)
YES!! i'm in yr 11 but if they still have english paper 2 on the third day of exams next year, it will be on my 18th :mad: :mad: :mad: (Oct 19)!! i'm not going to be able to have a real party!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

chepas

HSC
Nothing's set in stone from year to year but apparently it's usually in the same place, just different dates because well, the dates change from year to year :D They would probably look at the numbers in the candidature who do X language and Y language and make sure they don't clash when timetabling it up. This year Italian and French don't clash.

So I wouldn't worry :) I have a week and a half between German Beginners and the French ones so its all good. Heres the link to the actual timetable on the Board of STudies so you can have a look what it might look like. http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/manuals/pdf_doc/lang_speak_exam_ttable_A4.pdf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)