HSC OVERALL MARKS GOAL AND/OR REALISTIC PREDICTIONS (1 Viewer)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Guys I have a mod a eng adv question I wanna post here because people are active rn
Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 10.20.44 pm.png
if my essay (tempseed - @synthesisFR this you?) looks at vengeance --> mercy and then imprisonment --> freedom, could I frame my essay to discuss the 'authors thoughts and perspectives on humanity's capacity for growth' and how the textual conversation enables the audience to re-evaluate their views on progression and self-improvement in society???

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
im jus a farmer all i need is 23 and my friends will be pround

fr though I don’t really care, higher atar = better chance for scholarship which is nice but tbh all I really need is a 93 (assuming e4 in mx1 or b5/e3 in english and mx1 for bonus points) to get into my course so its fine, like with my rankings as long as I don’t completely flunk the hsc I should get that pretty easily
???? have some ambition man you’re already doing, you’ll easily get that

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
Guys I have a mod a eng adv question I wanna post here because people are active rn
View attachment 40231
if my essay (tempseed - @synthesisFR this you?) looks at vengeance --> mercy and then imprisonment --> freedom, could I frame my essay to discuss the 'authors thoughts and perspectives on humanity's capacity for growth' and how the textual conversation enables the audience to re-evaluate their views on progression and self-improvement in society???
thats basically exactly how im doing mine except without the middle point, my whole thing is like how representations of enduring human concerns are shaped by context but yeah just remember to mention either challenges or affirms (or probably both)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
View attachment 40231
bump :D nobody replied and i need validation opinions

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
thats basically exactly how im doing mine except without the middle point, my whole thing is like how representations of enduring human concerns are shaped by context but yeah just remember to mention either challenges or affirms (or probably both)
tbh I only ask because I haven't directly framed my essay as exploring human potential for growth whereas I just say 'the textual convo reveals resonating themes of vengeance and imprisonment'

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
i cbf to send more
HClO4 + NaOH <> H2O + NaClO4
n (NaOH) = 0.06 * 0.02 = 0.0012
n (HClO4) = 0.055 * 0.045 = 0.002475
n (HClO4 resultant) = 0.001275
Ka = [H+]{ClO4-]/[HClO4] = 1.585*10^-9
x^2/(0.001275-x)=1.585*10^-9

x=1.42078×10^-6
ph=-log10{1.42078×10^-6}
=5.85

probably messed up bc i wrote this in BoS, im gonna attempt the other on paper lmao

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
tbh I only ask because I haven't directly framed my essay as exploring human potential for growth whereas I just say 'the textual convo reveals resonating themes of vengeance and imprisonment'
thats fair my point for vengeance was like
shakespeare: Shakespeare intertwines concepts of self liberation with the ideals of revenge and restoration which ultimately challenges and appeals to the tradition of its context.
atwood: Atwood reframes transformation as a way to be liberated from emotional turmoil for a modern audience that values personal journeys of emotional fulfilment over religious redemption.
but i kind of just do 2 themes 4 paragraphs

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
HClO4 + NaOH <> H2O + NaClO4
n (NaOH) = 0.06 * 0.02 = 0.0012
n (HClO4) = 0.055 * 0.045 = 0.002475
n (HClO4 resultant) = 0.001275
Ka = [H+]{ClO4-]/[HClO4] = 1.585*10^-9
x^2/(0.001275-x)=1.585*10^-9

x=1.42078×10^-6
ph=-log10{1.42078×10^-6}
=5.85

probably messed up bc i wrote this in BoS, im gonna attempt the other on paper lmao
hol up surely you calculate [H+] from Ka first then convert to moles using given v, and then 'react' with the OH moles???

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
hol up surely you calculate [H+] from Ka first then convert to moles using given v, and then 'react' with the OH moles???
Nah its a 1:1 neutralisation reaction you calc how much acid is left over because its in excess and then from ka determine how much it dissociates --> what ph although i realised i fucked the calc by using moles instead of concentrations but im blaming it on it being late and typing on computer lmao

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Nah its a 1:1 neutralisation reaction you calc how much acid is left over because its in excess and then from ka determine how much it dissociates --> what ph although i realised i fucked the calc by using moles instead of concentrations but im blaming it on it being late and typing on computer lmao
wait can you handwrite in full and send here

otherwise what's the point of the Ka??????

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
My general essay is a hit different to ur guys which is why im a bit confused. Basically:
Also basically in school we were taught to base our paragraphs like this:
Two para for Colonial and post colonial argument
Two para for patriarchy and feminist argument
. In school our teacher said to have it focused on contextual shifts and how those result in different representations and stuff basically, hence the paragraphs above.

However I know others usually base it off like: vengeance leading to imprisonment or imprisonment though a colonial lens. And then liberation/ transformation through performance..
I’m a bit concerned on if they specifically ask us to discuss the theme of transformation? Then how would I approach it with what I have. Would it just be like Atwood creating a transformative space through theatre that instead liberates oppressed or silenced individuals in the tempest? I’ve looked through a bunch of trial questions and all past hsc and I haven’t seen many that deal with transformation. However a transformation theme based question would be the hardest to adapt imo, the others are all manageable. And they have asked text extract questions for the past two years and have given outside quote based question the previous two year so I’m not sure if they could go a specific theme this time? Bc in school and past students did good with these ideas even tho it’s diff to hat everyone else does could I get ur opinion pls
@

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)