HSC Performances - How's everybody feelin'? (1 Viewer)

champo14

HSC
With just over a week before the performances begin, how does everyone feel about their's?

Mine are on the first day, Monday 3rd, at 8.30am. So however bad your time is, don't worry, mine's worse.

Do you think you're prepared? Have you got a practise plan worked out for this coming week?

I'm currently playing through my program twice a day, and also tweaking my warm-up and trying to figure out what will suit me best. I've been getting up early to play at 8.30 (neighbors must hate me) to try and play in the time I will be playing and man it is HARD. Its like I can't play at that time of the day.

So yeah, this week will be pretty full on. Nerdy I know. What is everyone else up to?

(P.S. More of my attemps to revive this dead forum)

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Nothing wrong with being nerdy. We're Year 12. :)

You're immaculately prepared. I commend you. I have 2 of my pieces down, and the 3rd is nowhere near completion. Stupid guitar teacher has dogged me for the last 4 weeks, so I'm going to play a song with my old band as a backup.

jason21

HSC
i'm pretty ready i think, considering over the past year ive known one of my pieces ive only played it about 800 times (no exaggeration there, seriously, about that many times). I stuffed up one of my pieces in the trial which i need to do more work on. I feel really nervous though cause i need to lengthen my pieces a little bit so that i can get maximum marks

crono26

HSC
I'm doing all performance on clarinet (6 pieces) for music 2 and ext. pretty set i think. I got 96 in the trial and topped my school so we'll see what happens i guess. 35 mins of clarinet is pretty tough! we'll see how it goes i guess!

champo14

HSC
I know how you feel ^^

I play trombone, and after my trials I was stuffed. 7 days left, woo!

I actually find preparing for Music so much better than say English. I dreading having to start my study back up for the exams...

Muso7

HSC
I'm feeling pretty good about mine.. seeing as I am just playing two MUSE songs and my own composition :) Mine is on the 13th so its aaaagggggggesss away.. aha or so i keep telling myself. Its all gd though :D

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Muso7 said:
I'm feeling pretty good about mine.. seeing as I am just playing two MUSE songs and my own composition :) Mine is on the 13th so its aaaagggggggesss away.. aha or so i keep telling myself. Its all gd though :D
Nice, which songs? And on what instrument?

sunja

HSC
I topped the trials aswell but i thought i did terrible, so i should be fine tmorrow,

C4Shadow

HSC
I have mine at the same time as the topic starter 8:30 Monday 3rd September.

Hopefully all goes well.

pikpik

HSC
argh! i have mine on the 6th lol acutally lucky tho since my school usually been first up so eh...well feeling fine about it atm, :S *sigh... am always like that b4 i perform <gets all nervous> dam >.<;; am so tired from rehearsing, getting a rele sore shoulder and just 3 more days to go... gonna be rehearsin like mad >.<;; anyway hope u all do great! XD

lil dynamyt

HSC
Mine are on tomorrow!!!

Im feeling a little nervous about it but i should be fine...i hope...coz i did really well in the trials i.e. 69/70

I think i overpractised today coz in the evening when i played my fingers had little energy.

well good luck to all of you!!!

crono26

HSC
yeah mines tomorrow afternoon. doing a 6 piece clarinet program... came first in trials so hopefully it'll be good :) just stamina u know

Sofstar

HSC
Whoa, mine are this coming tuesday. Not nervous yet, but i know on the day i'll be crappiing myself. I learnt from trials not to have a full rehersal on the day of exams.

Hope everyone went well!

overthejelly

HSC
my performance is on september 11.....what an omen.
im really nervous, but not about my performances, just my viva speech. have no idea whether to do my viva first or my performances first. any suggestions?

vindalu

The Chilean
HSC
Got mine on Thursday, 13th as well...
4 performances for me, all on guitar/vocals.

I know mine isn't untill around 10-11 am though...strange your one should be so early.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)