HSC Plus: Free HSC Workshops from Alpha-Omega Education (1 Viewer)

bassistx

HSC
ALPHA-OMEGA EDUCATION

I must say, these are fantastic. In fact, I just may join for coaching.
My friend tried them out, said they were great, and the first 9 lessons were $45 each (1 hour in length). Each succeeding lesson is only $5! So if you do a total of 60 lessons (2 x 1 hours lesson per week for 30 weeks - until HSC) it's about $10.33 per lesson. That's so freaking cheap. And it's worth so much more.
However, when I talked to her today, she said the lessons were 2 hours in length, once a week. So she's a bit confused (so am I!) and she'll check it out.
In any case, you get access to archives of past papers, Catholic and Independent trial papers (which are not available for free download), and you get 40% excel guides, etc. It's a pretty good deal. And when you sign up, you get to choose a free book - whatever you want. If you sign up with a friend, you get 4 free books.

Also, if you get a UAI of 99+ you get a guaranteed job with them as either a teacher, marketer, or whatever after the HSC (do not quote me on this).

So anyhoo.... DO THE WORKSHOPS!

Btw, I forgot to mention that Len Nixon* is one of the teachers. I didn't get him, I got a guy called Bassam. Fabulous none-the-less as he had compiled the notes and Len etc were using his notes (who would know them better than B himself?).

*Business Studies students know who I'm talking about

I refuse to scan any notes until all the workshops have concluded.
And even then - they're free. Come on, guys...Just go.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Oh I went to this just yesterday. I found the sessions pretty good but they were a bit rushed and whatnot. Lol. Brian Shadwick just cracked me up. Anyways, I have a friend who goes to the Aurburn centre and she says that its good. I asked her about the prices and she said she'd get back to me on it.
But I just don't see how they are able to profit from such prices?

bassistx

HSC
Actually, being the Business-y person I am, I calculated that they could make at least $130K per year (after paying everyone, rent, advertising, etc).
Fabulous, much?

me121

Premium Member
HSC
In the ideal world you teachers would be so great that you don't need extra tutoring. It is defiantly not necessary, lots of high achievers do so without tutoring. They are just devoted to working towards achievement. Then again just because you attend tutoring doesn't mean you will do well.

I'm not saying go and i'm not saying don't go... but the old fashion text book and approachable teacher never let me down.

bassistx

HSC
They're motivating and they explain everything simply - the textbook does not follow the BOS syllabus. You have to remember that. So you will end up trying to memorize everything. What's not important, they just skip. They go through the syllabus step-by-step.

In any case, these workshops are free. No loss.
And if you don't learn anything new, not even 1 new thing, it will be good revision.

kony

HSC
my friend went and said it was a waste of time.

bassistx

HSC
More than half the people agreed it was good. We asked lots of questions and got good answers.
If your friends knows everything, it doesn't mean you do.
See for yourself. That's like saying "drugs are bad". It depends on your own system.

Zephyrio

HSC
I'm pretty sure that taking cocaine is bad for you. Anyway, I digress:

This looks interesting. Might give it a try.

zahmad

HSC
It was advertising all the way....I didn't actually learn anything new.... confused about the tutoring concept in this country (new here) :uhoh:

kony

HSC
i was just looking at their results.

a bit unimpressive, yeah?

3 students over 99.50.

and we don't even know how much tutoring the 3 people went for.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
heyyy i've heard of these dudes from my little cuz!! although i dont think he liked them much loll... he stopped going to them after a while

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
It seems like many ex-students with elevated UAIs aren't singing their praises for this free service :D

For some swiss advice (neutral that is): the english workshop should be quite adept as i know Elaro (mainly through a third party). His credentials are solid and he is well known for 'value-adding' in terms of his student's marks. Thus, he would be of excellent help for those who are struggling in their english (not too sure about how the higher achievers would fare: guess it could be worth it just to try).

However, just don't try to bring up Leunig in your conversations (particularly as related texts). He has an idiosyncratic dislike of the cartoons :eek: (but try it for the lulz)

bassistx

HSC
Yes, cocaine is bad for you. But I couldn't come up with anything lol.

And people, for God's sake, I'm telling you about FREE WORKSHOPS here, not to go to their paid lessons. That's your choice. Put it in the tutoring forum.

4mand4

HSC
ANYONE GOING TO THE MATHS EX2 LESSON ON SUNDAY 1st WILL SEE ME! :D

bassistx

HSC
We had this teacher called Chabes.
It was funny. He mentioned "Essays downloaded from boredofstudies... b-o-r-e-d".

"This is what the board of studies says, the legitimate one..." (goes on to explain syllabus stuff).

Bos is famous lol :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)