HSC plus - unsw (1 Viewer)

gh0stface

HSC
Hi, i got a uai of 91.8 and i want to do commerce at unsw which last years cut-off was 95.2, i calculated i can receive 5 bonus points. I'm wandering if i have the same chance of getting to course as someone who got a uai of 96.8 as opposed to my 91.8+5.

Are those who recieve bonus points offered a place in the course after those who dont recieve it?

And lastly, how would placing commerce as second preference affect the chances of me getting into the course, considering im using bonus points.\

thanks.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
If the person with the 96 UAI also has the 5 HSC Plus points, I'm sure they're in a higher position than you. But if they don't have them, then assuming the cut-off this year remains the same, yes you would be equally as competitive as the latter case where they are not receiving any HSC Plus bonus.

piitb

HSC
everyone pretty much gets bonus marks.... most people who do get in, get bonus points applied whether they need it or not.

think of the cutoff as 95-5=90

its just a way of inflating the uai's for braging rights between UNSW and Usyd

so dont worry u should get in

gh0stface

HSC
^thanks.

does usyd also offer this kind of bonus point entry?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
gh0stface said:
^thanks.

does usyd also offer this kind of bonus point entry?
Nope. It doesn't have that kind of system but it does have broadway scheme which is like an EAS. This gives maximum of 5 bonus UAI points for eligible students.

gh0stface

HSC
k thanks.

Would the chances of me getting into commerce as first preference be high? how many places are there for this course?

erm

HSC
gh0stface said:
k thanks.

Would the chances of me getting into commerce as first preference be high? how many places are there for this course?
the order of your preference does not affect your chances i.e. you will still be considered equally even with those who had it as their no. 1 preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)