• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC predication (4 Viewers)

cheeseburger100

HSC
Hey everyone! Did anyone predict what’s gonna be in the HSC this year for power and authority, USA, conflict in the pacific and civil rights (USA)?

skybuddy

HSC
I'd say it's not as beneficial to try and predict the short answer questions, it's better to just revise for them because it's such a broad area that could be assessed through so many questions.

For Russia, my current predictions are Bolshevik consolidation, Stalin as totalitarian, or Political Transformation.

For conflict in the pacific, I reckon it will either be Japanese Advance or Occupied Territories.

HSC
I'd say it's not as beneficial to try and predict the short answer questions, it's better to just revise for them because it's such a broad area that could be assessed through so many questions.

For Russia, my current predictions are Bolshevik consolidation, Stalin as totalitarian, or Political Transformation.

For conflict in the pacific, I reckon it will either be Japanese Advance or Occupied Territories.
js outta curiousity why those dotpoints, ik political transformation and consolidation havent been assessed since 2020 so fair enough but totalitarianism was basically asked kinda recently in 2022

thegoat2024

HSC
Nah fr tho,
Russia: Emergence of Stalin, Political transformation, totalitarianism or bolshevik consolidation in that order of likelihood
If anyone does Indo, I'd say its probably impact on civilians, strats + tacts or developments N+S

HSC
Nah fr tho,
Russia: Emergence of Stalin, Political transformation, totalitarianism or bolshevik consolidation in that order of likelihood
If anyone does Indo, I'd say its probably impact on civilians, strats + tacts or developments N+S
yeah i agree with indo since they haven't assessed those dopoints, I'm gonna take a guess that'd it be impact on civilians in Vietnam specifically as they've alr asked ab impact for cambodia and laos i think ??

what makes you say emergence of stalin for russia as your top pick?

thegoat2024

HSC
yeah i agree with indo since they haven't assessed those dopoints, I'm gonna take a guess that'd it be impact on civilians in Vietnam specifically as they've alr asked ab impact for cambodia and laos i think ??

what makes you say emergence of stalin for russia as your top pick?
In terms of Indo, honestly i think they will assess it as a whole - and just say 'Indochina', they like that, despite it being asked in 2019, its time for a rerun of cambo + laos IMO and HSC knows it.

For Russia being emergence, well it hasn't been asked since 2019, whereas every other dot point has either already been asked or asked 2 or more times. Additionally, I think if they do it like that, it gives them room to have the other option as quite different (presumably Political transformation) and they like trying to assess 2 different dotpoints, whereas, whilst still possible, doing BCOM + Emergence would be conflicting of what they usually do in that regard

HSC
yeah that's fair enough, i can see them asking Indochina as a whole asw.

good point for russia, what were your trial essay qs if you don't mind revealing ?

thegoat2024

HSC
Our trial Qs were Russia: Stalinism as totalitarianism and emergence and our indo was a quote on strats & tacts and then denoting its significance to com vic and impact on civilians in indochina

HSC
Hey everyone! Did anyone predict what’s gonna be in the HSC this year for power and authority, USA, conflict in the pacific and civil rights (USA)?
in terms of civil rights, I'm predicting they'll ask about MLK somewhere in there and perhaps March on Washington/Freedom rides as they haven't asked about those two events yet

HSC
Has there been a CRM beyond the US question as of recent?
last it was asked was 2021, so there is potential for it to be asked this yr asw tbh anything prior to 2022 which has alr been asked has a decentish chance of popping up again id say. if you want i have a doc for when diff syllabus dotpoints have been asked/havent for power and authority, Russia, Indochina and civil rights

Aussiecrawl

HSC
last it was asked was 2021, so there is potential for it to be asked this yr asw tbh anything prior to 2022 which has alr been asked has a decentish chance of popping up again id say. if you want i have a doc for when diff syllabus dotpoints have been asked/havent for power and authority, Russia, Indochina and civil rights
Yes can I have that doc please!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 1)