HSC question PLZ answer :):) (1 Viewer)

4jess7lov

HSC
hey all...so ive put in misadventure forms for my last 3 exams (not the first 2 cause i wasnt too bad then) and i still feel like shit...searing head pains killin me omg killlll me)....i hav society and culture on thursday..shud i put in a form for that too?? on the dr. certificate it said the symptoms (stong headaches etc) will last 2-4 wks (which covers till november 18ish...but shud i put in a form for society and culture?? i will still feel shit (if i remain as i am) but wont the BOS think omg as if..its been ages shes probs makin it all up...is it worth adding the thursday exam to the appeal? i dnt want them to think omg its another loser trying to scab marks :( :( i dnoooo wat todo? anyone??

xox jess

HSC
N/A
danz90 said:
If its Epstein-barr virus/Mononucleosis/Glandular fever, I've read on a BOS document that they don't accept that as illness/misadventure :(
That's not quite true.

You cannot submit an appeal on the basis of:
  • attendance at a sporting or cultural event, or family holiday
  • alleged deficiencies in tuition or long-term matters relating to loss of preparation time
  • long-term illness
  • the same grounds for which the Board has already granted special test provisions, unless further difficulties are experienced during the test
  • matters avoidable by the student.
4jess7lov said:
hey all...so ive put in misadventure forms for my last 3 exams (not the first 2 cause i wasnt too bad then) and i still feel like shit...searing head pains killin me omg killlll me)....i hav society and culture on thursday..shud i put in a form for that too?? on the dr. certificate it said the symptoms (stong headaches etc) will last 2-4 wks (which covers till november 18ish...but shud i put in a form for society and culture?? i will still feel shit (if i remain as i am) but wont the BOS think omg as if..its been ages shes probs makin it all up...is it worth adding the thursday exam to the appeal? i dnt want them to think omg its another loser trying to scab marks i dnoooo wat todo? anyone??
Is that really so difficult to figure out by yourself? PwarYeux already answered this. Who cares what they think? You're trying to maximise your marks, and if you think that your illness will be a hindrance, then of course you should apply for misadventure. Applying won't hurt your chances, especially since your doctor has already said that the symptoms will last a few weeks.
The BOS can decide whatever they want with your application, but it would just be silly if you didn't apply on the basis of the thought that "i dnt want them to think omg its another loser trying to scab marks".

Last edited:

whitey9999

HSC
N/A
Yeh you should lodge an appeal even now after the exams if u have proof and stuff.

Two people for my knowledge applied at my school. My mate got it because he was shitfaced and ran into a glass window during the exam period. He cut open his head and therefore wanted special consideration. The other one was a headache thing idk how that went personally wouldnt allow that but your case i would

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)