HSC RAW MARKS- wat u think? (1 Viewer)

indians-die

HSC
N/A
hey, well i sorta fucked up in my maths and english exams. and i reckon for maths (2u) ill get 75%(raw) and same for std english, for maths i am ranked 1 and for english i am ranked 3rd

now i got another problem, chem is my last exam, and my ranks are not that good , im 10th/20.. BUT in the trials i did come first with 92%. and same goes for ecomonics, my rank is 6th and my trial marks were 86% (1st).

IS THERE STILL HOPE FOR ME TO GET A UAI OF 80 OR ABOVE???

or am i screwed??

plz help me out ppl!!

i heard that my maths 75%(raw) could get scalled to a mid-high band 5.... :S

BTW does std english get scaled??

ps: every1 that does do english out of the year (95) only the top 5 care, meaning they are the only ones that ever pass.

i hope that helps

thanx

school rank......in the 300s

Last edited:

beststreet

HSC
N/A
from a non-professional.....yes, you have hope if you do awesomely again in your other exams. and standard english is scaled down, as is advanced english (but less). once you hit extension 1 english, then a score of 44 will remain as 44

indians-die

HSC
N/A
wen u say IF... do u mean get more than 90 for both exams???? wont 85 for both do? hehehe

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Beststreet, Advanced English isn't scaled down.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
dagwoman said:
lol Beststreet's got no idea... your right dagwoman... advance engilsh does not scale down... and scaling is done on a yearly basis.. it depends on the examination paper... if the board finds the exam hard.. then they scale it up....
WoOOoHoOoo for advanced english... lolz its FINISHED>!!!!

slickstar_01

Banned
HSC
yeah i think there is! not sure wat others think.... but i reckon it would be between 78-82 UAI, im pretty accurate with these UAI calculations!

sauce2k

HSC
the guy came first in maths in our skol got like 65%.our trials are so bloddy harrd

billy_slater

HSC
dagwoman said:
i thought everything bar extension 2 maths was scaled down.. its just the degree of 'scaling down' that matters.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
no one really knows about scaling up/down raw exam marks unless its maths, where you know how much you got and can compare that the final mark. as for the scaling that goes on when calculating your uai, nearly everything goes down besides 4u maths.

dbmoodb

dave Marks.
HSC
It would seem that a lot of you are confused about the UAI and the Board of Studies. The HSC is marked done by the Board of Studies ok. Now if you have applied to receive a UAI from the UAC, then the UAC scales information that the Board of Studies gives them ok. If you looked at the 2005 scaling you would see, hey wow a lot of things scale differently and wow x mark in this is not equivalent to y mark in that. Basically Indie... you should be fine if your school does okish in the external exams and your external marks are not that bad. Having said that I don't know your other subjects, other than maths, standard english and economics. Your economics seems good but i'm not sure about how your school marks your assessments...so you could be skrewed as you school is in the 300rds, however I think it might still be possible for you to do well- as in above 80. Hell if you didn't skrew up that bad + your school does ok then you could be looking at a high 80 to low 90. However, the possibility of a high 90 is very small at this stage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)