HSC Results thread (1 Viewer)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
lmao ppl coppin 100s in phys and chem already know.... surely someone on BOS got it

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
ok so how accurate is UAC atar compass tho
The UAC calculator uses actual historical scaling data which is something the private company run ATAR calculators don't have access to. However, that still doesn't guarantee it is 100% accurate, because the exact scaling differs from year to year.

yanujw

HSC
It is created by the very authority that actually performs the scaling of the subjects... so pretty much as accurate as it can get. The limitation comes from students not being able to know what their hsc subject mark will be, and scaling differences between years.

Epicman69

HSC
It is created by the very authority that actually performs the scaling of the subjects... so pretty much as accurate as it can get. The limitation comes from students not being able to know what their hsc subject mark will be, and scaling differences between years.
well I do know cause leak LOL

goodcat911

HSC
its pretty accurate but it cant predict scaled marks for this year till they come out so it uses average scaling from the past 5 years. also gets less accurate the lower ur hsc marks are and if the course cohort is very small (e.g dutch continuers). idk if the scaling thing will matter a lot (phys scaling going down??) but it should be accurate enough that its +/- 0.20 of whatever ur atar is

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I heard bio scales bad which is why im worried, especiialy since im waiting for my bio mark
just seeing how other people are going in it. Ur externals were good tho?
bio's scaling isn't that horrible though? its scaling in the new syllabus is even a lot better than the old if i recall correctly. definitely not on par with physics or chem but its scaling is decent

carrotsss

HSC
How is everybody (who doesn’t already know their results) feeling?

Scienceeeeee

HSC
so these marks that just got sent out get scaled up or down and that's how our ATAR is determined, or do the marks remain the same? sorry if it's an obvious question lol

bruhwth

HSC
so these marks that just got sent out get scaled up or down and that's how our ATAR is determined, or do the marks remain the same? sorry if it's an obvious question lol
I think they get scaled up or down. But even then I don’t think the atar estimate you got should change too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)