hsc scores (1 Viewer)

sarahn

HSC
hi
my teacher said that its virtually impossible to get over 95 for modern. the top student at my school (scots albury) usually gets 94 or 95. i'm averaging about 97-98% in assessments, and am relying heaps on my modern score to get a good uai. just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this situation...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
its not virtually impossible...the highest HSC mark for Modern last year (top of the state I mean) was 98 I think...there you go...cliched, yes, but nothing is impossible.

A stellar assessment mark is not a guaranteed excellent HSC mark, although it is certainly a step in that direction.

Last edited:

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Hi Sarah. I just know that it's difficult...really really difficult to get over 95. I'm averaging 91 at the moment and I'll probably end up with a score of 89 according to my teachers. If I work my arse off.

Believe or not. I'm just up the road from you Sarah. I'm a Albury Higharian.

Cheers
Kate

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
yeah the guy that got 98 and topped modern last year went to my school, and I don't think he got 100% in every assessment, so if he had, he would have got more than 98...so it is far from impossible to get over 95.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You generally only need ~89 or so in Modern History to end up with quite a good scaled mark.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hi sarahn... I'm an ex Albury High Student, and last year I only got 89 in modern even though I got 94 in my trial exam... Modern didn't end up counting in my UAI, because I had other subjects that scaled higher or that I performed better in. However, my advice to you would be not to worry too much about it, just try your hardest and see what you end up with at the end. It is worth putting the effort in to modern, because it does scale quite reasonably if you get a band 6. The fact is, you will get what you get, so just try your hardest and see what happens!

Benno

HSC
tip,

it helps if your number one in class, i guess if ur averageing 97-8% u should be one the way ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)