HSC Seminar on Holiday (1 Viewer)

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Anyone here going to HSC seminar thing on Tuesday first week holiday? This is only for ESL students and I heard heaps of ESL students going there.

It is in the City, Masonic Centre. If you go there, please post here. Might as well meet some BoSers.:)

Last edited:

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Guess all ESL students are too shy to reply. I bet there will be heaps of you in the centre tomorrow morning. OK then, enjoy the seminar.:)

HSC
question, if people who didn't pay and didn't reserve their place, can they still go? hmm..

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Probably yes, because they have registration time from 9 to 9.30. My teacher told me that I don't have to go there for register, so yes I think you can still go. The cost is $20 (and for teacher it is $30 - don't know why:p).

calvintanikaya

HSC
yeah i was there.. but i reckon it was way too boring and worthless for the paper 1 discussion; as what the speaker said has already been discussed in detail in our class. well.. cant blame them though.

the listening part and module A telling stories were okay.. the speaker can really engaged the audience' attention. however, the last part module B english for study was crap and again too boring.

what do you guys think ?

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Yeah, everything has been covered in class. That's why it's called "HSC Revision Day". I guess they dropped some hint if you actually listen about what type of questions we will get this year because I think the presenters are involved somehow in the preparation for the HSC. That's just what I think.

I do the same electives as you, calvintanikaya - Telling Stories and English for Study and I think the English for Study one is quite all right.

Where were you sitting? I was on top level at the corner right (not on the corner with sleeping guys :D) for paper 1, listening and Telling Stories sessions.

calvintanikaya

HSC
what hint did you get? what questions will we get this year then?

paper 1 i was sitting on the bottom level, lefty side near the speaker.
and telling stories session i was up there at the corner right around you. well... i guess you were one of those 3 girls?

calvintanikaya

HSC
sorry, i didnt see your profile before.. i just realised that you are male. well... i was wrong then..

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
calvintanikaya said:
what hint did you get? what questions will we get this year then?
This is just my speculation. I don't guarantee it, so you still need to study everything.

We will get interview text type to write I think. Don't blame me though if we don't get that.:p

What do you think?

calvintanikaya said:
paper 1 i was sitting on the bottom level, lefty side near the speaker.
and telling stories session i was up there at the corner right around you. well... i guess you were one of those 3 girls?
Are you referring to 3 girls who made quite a lot of noise at the back? No, I am on the most right corner for both sessions. On Telling Stories session, there were only 3 of us there and we came late.

calvintanikaya

HSC
XcarvengerX said:
This is just my speculation. I don't guarantee it, so you still need to study everything.

We will get interview text type to write I think. Don't blame me though if we don't get that.:p

What do you think?

Are you referring to 3 girls who made quite a lot of noise at the back? No, I am on the most right corner for both sessions. On Telling Stories session, there were only 3 of us there and we came late.

what paper and section are you referring to for the interview? but yeah i guess the speaker was stressing that too. however, i have a speculation that the text type could be a journal too (this is applied for only paper 1 section 1), as it is impossible to write a journal for 4 prescribed texts. but hey.. boardofstudies can be so nasty.. so.. who knows? so, be prepared..

and by the way if i'm not mistaken, isn't it like in one of the year before, interview has already been used on paper 1 section 1? and if you see through the booklet that they have given us, we can see that if they have picked one of the text type, they will not use it anymore for the next following years. so i guess, the interview would be on paper 1 section 2 the journey; instead of section 1. what do you think?

i know u then.. were you the one who wore a cap in telling stories section? i was sitting next to you then... lol..

Last edited:

followme

HSC
Could be the 6-8 marker in Q1 paper one. Doubt if they'll ever ask us to write an interview or journal entry for a 20mark extended response.. u reckon?
i was at the seminar too, but didnt attend the last session, modB. Peer pressure. sighs~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)