HSC Speaking Examination (1 Viewer)

Platinum

HSC
Just a question, with Extension speaking....do you get marked down for going over? Because there's nothing in the criteria.

I'm saying this because I can go anywhere between 6 and 15 minutes total depending on the questions. My teacher said I shouldn't go longer than 10, but won't be penalised.

CONFUSED!!!

Sharleexx

HSC
Platinum said:
Just a question, with Extension speaking....do you get marked down for going over? Because there's nothing in the criteria.

I'm saying this because I can go anywhere between 6 and 15 minutes total depending on the questions. My teacher said I shouldn't go longer than 10, but won't be penalised.

CONFUSED!!!
:eek: 6 - 15 minutes!? Whoa.. you are like.. Japanese.

Oh and I'm not really sure, but I think they just want 2 minutes worth of crap, it's a short monologue after all. So I'm thinking going over time might have effect on your mark.

Check it over with someone else though, I'm just assuming, the teacher who was examining/taping me did say she will stop the tape from recording after 5 minutes for both questions.

cyncyn2007

HSC
Platinum said:

CONFUSED!!!

u wouldn't of gotten marked down cos u spoke for that long, but the thing is the longer you speak for, the more mistakes you make.
For my trials, i totally forgot about the time and spoke for like 5mins each or something. It was terrible.

sykoticx

HSC
Platinum said:

CONFUSED!!!
ermm.. i was told by my teacher to keep it short and simple...
because if you're good you'll get all the good stuff out in within 3 - 5 minutes..
anything after that you'll just be bs-ing so your marks just start to diminish..
cause you tend to make more mistakes later on...

Platinum

HSC
I eventually got it down to within the time limits. In the HSC if I remember correctly, I ended up speaking for about 3 minutes each. I guess I'll see how I go when results come out.....

hennahands

HSC
Hope you guys all went well =D! I was wondering (sorry if it's some sort of HSC policy not to reveal this to others), what sort of questions were you asked in the interview? I read that they asked you odd food questions, questions about your friends, etc., but can you share with me what else you were asked on? Thanks =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)