HSC Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Bandsaw27

HSC
I was already doing poorly in English to begin with (much better at the sciences).. now after this, my ATAR's stuffed for sure. Awesome.

TeheeCat

HSC
The Merchant of venice question wasnt TOO bad, was able to somewhat adapt to it with my prepared key ideas.

From vague memory, it looks like every question had a specific concept... they really are cracking down on rote learners!

With the unseen texts, I agree. It was difficult (i was already bad with short answers to begin with lmao)

rickandmorty

HSC
People who did 1984 what did ur essay talk about? currently stressing about mine, but I used loneliness as a means used by Party members (the collective), and Winston ( as an individual), to hide from the power of the party
my paragraphs were
The Party members loss of freedom, forcing them into loneliness so they remain safe
The exploitation of expressive mediums, forcing Party members to seek loneliness
Winston's failed rebellion, which forced him further into seeking the means of loneliness
im not sure if that answered the question and im really sressing.

Jig

HSC
I agree, I think my nervousness contributed to me scrambling for the unseen text section. I did Rosemary Dobson poetry, and I had to adapt my prepared stuff to this, so I don’t know how I’ll go. Honestly hope I’ll get between 75-85, although I have a feeling I will get high seventies. Who knows, maybe scaling will do the trick.
It seems like there's not many of us doing the Dobson poems. How'd you feel about the understanding of ageing? I think I was able to make it work somehow but tbh I really don't know. I did Cock Crow, Amy Caroline and Young Girl at a Window.

lucyfitz

HSC
Damn I fucked up. Real bad. There goes my chances of getting a band 5/6 in English. Shit. 1984 question wasn't great but wasn't impossible either, just required some critical quick thinking. Which I did not demonstrate lol. I really fucked up.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
How was it everyone?How did it compare to your internals and the old syllabus exams?

Also wowie I see a lot of people saying their chances of a band 5+ are gone. Everyone feels like that after English, I did too but I got one =)

sniggledot1

HSC
reduction of truth, history and language =reduced ability to communicate and storytell=increased lonliness and isolation
Omniprescence of party's power in relationships= paradoxical connections which indeed induce lonliness

Checkmate

HSC
People who did 1984 what did ur essay talk about? currently stressing about mine, but I used loneliness as a means used by Party members (the collective), and Winston ( as an individual), to hide from the power of the party
my paragraphs were
The Party members loss of freedom, forcing them into loneliness so they remain safe
The exploitation of expressive mediums, forcing Party members to seek loneliness
Winston's failed rebellion, which forced him further into seeking the means of loneliness
I think that's a fine theme as long as you justified it correctly with the evidence. You'll be fine focus on paper 2 now buddy

StudyOnly

HSC
my paragraphs were
seems good, although I didn't do 1984

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)