HSC Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

lolzdj

HSC
2020 year 12 checking in - does anyone know what the Merchant of Venice question was specifically? I'd love to see what kind of bullshit NESA pulled for the 1st run of this new syllabus.

TeheeCat

HSC
2020 year 12 checking in - does anyone know what the Merchant of Venice question was specifically? I'd love to see what kind of bullshit NESA pulled for the 1st run of this new syllabus.
It was something along the lines of how the exploration of experiences in Merchant of Venice enhances our understanding of deception, which isnt too bad TBH depending on what your main key ideas are.

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah - off topic but I was pissed at how they stapled the damn question booklet. Like, WHY??? Bad design. I'd be flipping through and suddenly bam the whole side was stapled together like a magazine lol. I didn't manage to get that many pages out in my essay though which I'm annoyed about. Too busy contemplating how the hell loneliness was related to 1984. My friend got 14....
You know how Winston feels isolated in the first part of the story when he referred to the world as "cold", this actually focalizes into his sense of loneliness.

lucyfitz

HSC
You know how Winston feels isolated in the first part of the story when he referred to the world as "cold", this actually focalizes into his sense of loneliness.
Yeah that's what I said too! I used the "Bright cold day in April" quote ahahah

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah that's what I said too! I used the "Bright cold day in April" quote ahahah
It's just that you need to link it up with the other themes that the 1984 explores. In my case, I linked it to the desire of power of how he feels isolated when he didn't feel any desire of authority.

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
People who did 1984 what did ur essay talk about? currently stressing about mine, but I used loneliness as a means used by Party members (the collective), and Winston ( as an individual), to hide from the power of the party
my paragraphs were
The Party members loss of freedom, forcing them into loneliness so they remain safe
The exploitation of expressive mediums, forcing Party members to seek loneliness
Winston's failed rebellion, which forced him further into seeking the means of loneliness
im not sure if that answered the question and im really stressing.
the desire of power in 1984 adapts to everything, like literary

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol same, I didn't think Common Mod would be too hard because I didn't think we would be given a specific theme, especially one so IRRELEVANT to the text. Now I'm scared for Mod A and B where the rubric is a lot more vague and unpredictable.
After paper 1: Depression
When you realized that paper 2 is gonna be more fucked up: More depression plus arising of level of anxiety

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Now I hate myself when I could've do English hsc next year because my school's doing the compress curriculum thing

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad

'Incredibly stressful': 'Obscure' first HSC English exam stumps students
I swear every year SMH publishes the same article for 4u maths " Question 16 stumps students". Like it's the final question, what do you expect 🤔

TheOnePheeph

HSC
Did anyone do tim winton? That question was also ridiculous, we had never done independence in class lol.

StudyOnly

HSC
Did anyone do tim winton? That question was also ridiculous, we had never done independence in class lol.
Ye, I did 'The Crucible' ... we never did 'Love' in class before lol. I guess NESA really wanted to stop rote learning even though every other subject (with the exception of the maths subjects) are basically rote learning...

TheOnePheeph

HSC
Ye, I did 'The Crucible' ... we never did 'Love' in class before lol. I guess NESA really wanted to stop rote learning even though every other subject (with the exception of the maths subjects) are basically rote learning...
So stupid. I would much rather if a useless compulsory subject was rote learning as opposed to ReCOnSiDeR type questions on themes never even taught in most classes lol.

StudyOnly

HSC
At least tomorrow we will be done with this subject.
I will probably never touch any of my prescribed texts ever again (even though I enjoyed some of them) because of English.

BMWM2

HSC
SMH article - its funny to read the comments and see how people receive the HSC. I often feel as if the large majority of people who comment on the these articles are old people disconnected from the experience of HSC students. Whilst the exams are not meant to be easy and of course, does favour the prepared (which we all work hard to be) I sometimes get pretty triggered by the remarks "WeEkEnD CrAm ScHoOL KiDs" as i reckon these people (i may be wrong) dont get how much work and effort we all put into memorising or even coming up with creative ideas to texts which to tell you the truth, we can become disconnected from and dont really understand all the time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)