HSC Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Exam Thoughts (2 Viewers)

UStoleMyBike

HSC
Uni Grad
1984 was fucking ass, didnt get enough time to properly finish my essay and link back to the question. I'd be lucky to pass in that shit fest, my hands were shaking all over the place and I was anxious as hell

LostCrypt

HSC
on another note, does anyones eyes get blurry after staring at your exam paper for 2+ hours. like when you look long distances it is blurry, but after few minutes looking around at things it goes to normal? or is it just me?
I thought that was only me...

TheOnePheeph

HSC
Lol apparently even though there questions asked for our own personal opinion (how has it caused you to reconsider...), we weren't meant to use personal language. Rip my atar..

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol apparently even though there questions asked for our own personal opinion (how has it caused you to reconsider...), we weren't meant to use personal language. Rip my atar..
Shouldn't really matter. In the old syllabus I used some personal pronouns like "my understanding" etc and got 97 in English, it will most likely have little to no effect

TheOnePheeph

HSC
Shouldn't really matter. In the old syllabus I used some personal pronouns like "my understanding" etc and got 97 in English, it will most likely have little to no effect
Ok, thanks for sharing that. Everyone I know was saying that was a no no, I momentarily freaked out haha

TheOnePheeph

HSC
Says the guy with a state rank in 2u maths, and probably gonna get if not close to a state rank in 4u.. :p
Thanks, but Im super cautious for english haha, as Ive heard it drags down atar significantly. Feeling better after what jazz said though.

ahri

HSC
Someone please provide some guidance for me!!

For the boomerang question I wrote about how the boomerang is symbolic of bravery and fortitude when faced with adversity and uncertainty, as represented by the moment of tension in 'the storm'. Is that a plausible interpretation???

For 1984 I only managed almost 5 pages (XD)- but this was the gist of my essay:
Orwell encourages responders to reconsider the nature of isolation by emphasising how it arises from oppression, and how the pursuit of power is isolating for those who pursue it.
(1) Newspeak leads to loneliness due to the lack of individuals to communicate, constant surveillance prevents relationships and hence fosters isolation
(2) Orwell focalises the impact of loneliness due to oppression through characterisation of Winston (and a bunch of quotes about his torture and solitary confinement leading to his isolation - a stretch I know)
(3) How the source of such oppression is the pursuit of power which is isolating for those who pursue it (O'Brien quotes)

is that okay??? Or have I completely messed up???
DUDE SAME HAHAH I had NO idea it was about STEVE BEING DEAD and I wrote about the exhilaration of the human experience in the moment of tension which is clearly not what the main interpretation was. But I think it should be ok as long as you follow it through and justify it, and it doesn't seem too farfetched either.

lucyfitz

HSC
1984 was fucking ass, didnt get enough time to properly finish my essay and link back to the question. I'd be lucky to pass in that shit fest, my hands were shaking all over the place and I was anxious as hell
Sameeeee if I had just 10 extra minutes.... maybe I could've answered the question properly... man that was a shitshow

UStoleMyBike

HSC
Uni Grad
Fuck Nesa, fuck everyone, fuck literature. I put in so much work to do well in English (more STEM-oriented) and I still get boned by Mr. Nesa's massive, high modality schlong.

I'm considering writing a satirical discursive piece tomorrow on how much I hate NESA and English, or maybe an imaginative with heavy internal monologue about post-English exam depression

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I feel that lol. Our examiners are a bit incompetent so they added an extra hour onto our time, but unfortunately somebody caught it out :( I would've happily taken the extra hour
That is soo unprofessional of NESA :\

lucyabha

HSC
N/A
I feel that lol. Our examiners are a bit incompetent so they added an extra hour onto our time, but unfortunately somebody caught it out :( I would've happily taken the extra hour
HAHAH my examiners couldn't even calculate 10 mins for reading time. They literally gave us 15 mins reading time like that could've been added to out writing time lol

lucyfitz

HSC
That is soo unprofessional of NESA :\
Tell me about it! We had the same examiners for trials and they screwed up pretty much every exam we had. Missing papers, them cutting our time short, refusing to give us dictionarys (required) for French... you name it, they did it. One literally growled at my friend today HAHA! I'm not even kidding, like a dog he growled at her when she asked for an extra booklet bahahahah

lucyfitz

HSC
HAHAH my examiners couldn't even calculate 10 mins for reading time. They literally gave us 15 mins reading time like that could've been added to out writing time lol
I know! Like, no offence, it's not a hard job mate... how is it that all examiners are incompetent on some level? Who does NESA hire??

MrSir

HSC
N/A
BRUHH LOVE IN THE CRUCIBLE
love in the crucible is shown through loyalty and friendship as well as being an antithesis of hate . By a strong focus on hate readers can u derstand why love is such an important component of the crucible

MrSir

HSC
N/A
I agree! We also study the The Crucible! If they want unprepared responses then they should get rid of the prescribed text section entirely otherwise they should give us more time!! And what even were those texts in section 1 - I found them super hard to understand - had like 1 technique only for each text in the 5 marker comparative :(
the boomerang and conflict was a good question. The way they can relate to each other is refkected

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)