HSC Standard English Paper 2 Thoughts (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
For the exam on Wednesday 21st October 2020.

Good luck with the exam tomorrow Class of 2020 (all 31,347 of you), on behalf of us all on BOS!

Share your thoughts here on how you found it.

jojosiwa123

HSC
yess was such a good paper although when I first flicked through it and saw the text blocks for mod B I got so freaked outtt

jojosiwa123

HSC
how’d u guys go with your imaginative?? I wish they let us choose :(

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
how’d u guys go with your imaginative?? I wish they let us choose :(
I think I did alright, wrote about 4.5 pages, I wish we got a choice too but I guess things worked in my favour because my strongest form is imaginative. I'm also no good at writing reflections so even though I was surprised we didn't have to write one, I wasn't exactly disappointed

I def spent a total of like 10 minutes just thinking and not writing though, because my brain was fried after writing two essays. I hope you did alright with mod C yourself!!

jojosiwa123

HSC
I think I did alright, wrote about 4.5 pages, I wish we got a choice too but I guess things worked in my favour because my strongest form is imaginative. I'm also no good at writing reflections so even though I was surprised we didn't have to write one, I wasn't exactly disappointed

I def spent a total of like 10 minutes just thinking and not writing though, because my brain was fried after writing two essays. I hope you did alright with mod C yourself!!
I’m sure u did absolutely fine...for imaginative it’s good to think it through since omg some of the exemplars from last year were so bad 🤢 I wrote 3 pgs lmfao hope im not screwed although my handwriting is pretty small... also just realised this is the standard thread ooops

mmmm.

HSC
For mod C, how much did you guys write? I was only able to write 3 pages, is this enough?

Nikolerak

HSC
I did 4, but didn't write a title? How important is the title???

mmmm.

HSC
Don't think a title matters, cause we just had to continue the piece, I've looked at past trial and papers and they only use title name in the reflection, and we didn't do reflection, so title doesn't matter

beetree1

HSC
For mod C, how much did you guys write? I was only able to write 3 pages, is this enough?
for 20 marks, thats a bit tight. But if the quality of the writing was good (and maybe ur handwriting was small), then I would say a solid 15 should be achievable!!!!

Haruto_65

HSC
Can anyone remember the exact question for Mod C?
Pretty sure it was something like...

Continue the extract:
Some things are unknowable. A person's secret may be revealed by the things they leave behind, but what are they, those supposedly uncovered secrets? They are words, ideas...dry and dead as dust.

Edit: Oh wait nvm wrong exam...

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC

Continue the extract:
Some things are unknowable. A person's secret may be revealed by the things they leave behind, but what are they, those supposedly uncovered secrets? They are words, ideas...dry and dead as dust.

woah you remembered the whole quote

Xanthi

HSC
for 20 marks, thats a bit tight. But if the quality of the writing was good (and maybe ur handwriting was small), then I would say a solid 15 should be achievable!!!!
With good quality material even 17 should be possible. I get a sense itll be hard to go higher than that though for 3 pages. A lot of it has to do with plot, if it's complete and coherent its fine, just hard to do in less words.

Nikolerak

HSC

Continue the extract:

Thanks for the effort, but yeah the wrong exam. I am after the question for Standard.

mmmm.

HSC
With good quality material even 17 should be possible. I get a sense itll be hard to go higher than that though for 3 pages. A lot of it has to do with plot, if it's complete and coherent its fine, just hard to do in less words.
My story was probably around 510 words, and it was the same story i used from an assignment which i got 10/10

beetree1

HSC
My story was probably around 510 words, and it was the same story i used from an assignment which i got 10/10
yes, goodjob, but for a 20marker the standards are different no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)