HSC Standard Mathematics Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

thomson2354

HSC
For some reason I could not derive that formula for the Perimeter question.... How was this done??

DaBossMan

HSC
For some reason I could not derive that formula for the Perimeter question.... How was this done??
I had to think about it for a while but you had to divide the perimeter by ten to find the length of one side of the triangles, then to find the angle on the inside divide 360 by ten then just use trig to find the other sides and then the area of the triangle then multiply it by ten because theres ten triangles.

thomson2354

HSC
I had to think about it for a while but you had to divide the perimeter by ten to find the length of one side of the triangles, then to find the angle on the inside divide 360 by ten then just use trig to find the other sides and then the area of the triangle then multiply it by ten because theres ten triangles.
Yeah thats what I did too, thank god i at least got that right xD.... but I was talking about the other one about the garden bed

DaBossMan

HSC
Yeah thats what I did too, thank god i at least got that right xD.... but I was talking about the other one about the garden bed
Oh for that one I think I just got the x value when the area was greatest on the graph and substituted it in to the 2y+2x=900 or whatever that equation was.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Why is everyone in the HSC discussion group complaining about it and writing long emails to NESA about this exam?

teddy123

HSC
Why is everyone in the HSC discussion group complaining about it and writing long emails to NESA about this exam?
Because the common questions were way to hard for the standard course. I personally found the decagon and cricket questions fine but the other ones were not good.

Audous

HSC
N/A
Because the common questions were way to hard for the standard course. I personally found the decagon and cricket questions fine but the other ones were not good.
They have a common component now?

DaBossMan

HSC
I didn't come across anything based on content not covered in standard. It just required a level of problem solving which I haven't really seen in a standard paper before.

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
its mainly because we had similar questions as the adv students, which teachers had not rlly set us for and past papers were no help. This is the reason according to me and some of my friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)