HSC
Im currently doing 11 units...

Advanced English
Mathematics
Ext. 1 Mathematics
Music 1
Society and Culture
Studies of Religion II

and am thinking of dropping back to Studies of Religion I (10 units)

Do I keep 11 units and do the extra work or should I drop down to 10 and concerntrate on the 10 units.. what are the consequences??

Tofuu

HSC
do you find SORI easy?
if you do, you might as well keep it, but then if you dislike/suck at it/bad marks, you might as well drop it
UNLESS you love the subject

alex09hsc

HSC
You've already done a term with sor2....just keep it as it is.
adds a little more security to your ATAR prospects...

I did 12....which was lucky because I really stuffed up one subject....very unintentionally....11 is better than 10

Essjaybee

HSC
Im currently doing 11 units...

Advanced English
Mathematics
Ext. 1 Mathematics
Music 1
Society and Culture
Studies of Religion II

and am thinking of dropping back to Studies of Religion I (10 units)

Do I keep 11 units and do the extra work or should I drop down to 10 and concerntrate on the 10 units.. what are the consequences??
11 units
- safety that if you stuff something up, you can half the damage, unless its extension 1 maths in which case you dont feel the damage because it doesn't count.
- Knowing that you're doing 110% of what's required, which means a lot of effort is wasted

10 units
- Every little thing counts
- In a way, this can give you more motivation.
- However, screwing up will definately have an effect, whether small or large.
- You know that everything you do counts for something, so you're not wasting your time
- You have more time to focus on your subjects and other commitments

Overall, how much difference does doing/dropping SOR II make? Keep that in mind as you decide.

MaddiiMusic

HSC

there is about 3 more topics in SORII than SORI and i got an exam mark of 84 for the preliminary course which isnt that bad...

its a tough decision coz i can concertrate more on ext 1 if i dont have those three other topics to do :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I do 14 just for ultimate peace of mind - although I may drop down to 12. Really, do what you are capable of - I did 16 in the Prelim Course, then realised if I was to do that, I'd burn myself up - and dropped to 14, where I still find my time is limited for each subject.

So really, do what you can - I'd suggest 12 though.

Schoey93

HSC
I do 14 just for ultimate peace of mind - although I may drop down to 12. Really, do what you are capable of - I did 16 in the Prelim Course, then realised if I was to do that, I'd burn myself up - and dropped to 14, where I still find my time is limited for each subject.

So really, do what you can - I'd suggest 12 though.
14 is just bloody ridiculous. On the Marian Catholic College my school's timetable it would give ONE free period p/f at best! :chainsaw:

I do 13 and I get 9 free periods p/f, because Hospo runs after school on Monday's arvos

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Let me start by saying SORII is barely any more work than SORI.

Thus, you might as well keep SORII for the better scaling.

pman

Banned
HSC
I kept 11 units all through last yr, got to the HSC itself and had just given up on ext maths, I just couldn't be bothered...the 11th uunit really eats into your social time

Schoey93

HSC
Deer you're from Wollongong what would you know
Alex you're the funniest person on BoS!

I honestly reckon so. You should be a fucking comedian, I lol'd and most of your posts, e.g. "I'm Alex, I told me mum I got a girl pregnant and I couldn't have" are just epic :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
14 is just bloody ridiculous. On the Marian Catholic College my school's timetable it would give ONE free period p/f at best! :chainsaw:

I do 13 and I get 9 free periods p/f, because Hospo runs after school on Monday's arvos
I get eight!

The joys of doing Extension subjects.

micuzzo

HSC
Do 10 units
Anyone that does more then 10 is an idiot.
? thats a bit harsh... i think 12 is best... 13 is a bit much... i did 13 n did well. as the stats say ppl hu do more than 10 do better

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Don't worry, he's just your regular troll - or maybe he's frustrated he didn't get the ATAR he wanted.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Deer you're from Wollongong what would you know
Ouch.

Yet how am I to respond to this intelligent and witty remark when your own location is hidden? What am I to do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)