Hsc subjects :) (1 Viewer)

angela_12

HSC
Hey guys, I need your advice!
I currently have 13 units as there was a mix up in my timetable, I was planning to go talk to the curriculum coordinator on Monday so I can drop PDHPE because in prelim I've done good in assessments but extremely bad in exams 44% - 60%. Therefore, I'll have 11 units since I've picked up history extension, do you think it's a good idea? I know I won't be able to handle 13 units and I need study periods so I can revise and catch up on work etc

Last edited:

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Yes. It is widely agreed upon that 11 units is pretty much the optimal amount for the HSC. If you don't think you can handle the workload and if PDHPE is your weakest subject i would definitely say go for it

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
as someone whose previously been on 13 units and dropped down to 11, the latter is much more manageable as long as you use your time wisely :)

angela_12

HSC
I presume a few people in my year are doing 13 units, but most of them are doing 12 units with some doing 11 units :)

Christofu01

HSC
He has 3 extension units in that 13 (Ext 1 and 2 Maths, Ext Jap), plus he did accelerated 2u maths, so I guess he's only really doing 11 at the moment

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Hey angela_12

I think it would be really beneficial for you to have a good think over your subjects. If you enjoy both PDHPE AND Ext History PLUS Willing to put in hard work and effort, then I think it should be no problem. However, the associated workload with the aforementioned plan could be stressful in the long run. I would, in my opinion, tell you to drop PDHPE as you'll be faced with a HSC exam at the end of the year. And History extension could be good to explore something new and immerse yourself in a positive way about history (It's a major work right?).

Other than that, good luck with your HSC subjects and have a fun year!

rawrliongirl

HSC
you should be fine. i dropped chemistry so now im on 10 units oh god i hope i dont screw up.

angela_12

HSC
EarthSci34

Thank you, the fact is I enjoy PE but only to an extent there's so much workload and the information isn't going to my head so I would rather drop it :) I'll have 2 big majors to do PIP and history extension which I don't mind :)

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Drop, Why waste 2 units worth of work when you could be studying for your other subjects. 40-60% in exams means its clear that the content doesn't sit well with you, and youll have to work twice as hard come externals, at the cost of your other subjects.

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Well I did 14.... But I wouldn't recommend it. I think you need to ask yourself if you can handle doing 13. You know how you managed on 12 (?) last year so think hard about if you can handle the extra unit, and since it's an extension it would add a considerable amount of weight. Don't do it if you can't handle it, you'll only disadvantage yourself, but don't drop it bc other people say it'll be hard, they're not you.

And talk to your teachers, they know you and how you work :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)