Hsc subjects (1 Viewer)

Merayshehata

HSC
Hey guys, just wanted to have opinions. I'm currently doing only 8 units and I want to complete the 10 units. I'm doing English, biology chemistry and 2u maths. Not sure to pick business studies or Italian continuers and extension. I heard that continuer languages scale down and I want a band 6 ATAR so which would be better in terms of scaling?

Last edited:

He

HSC
If you're confident with your italian just pick that. Being italian I picked to continuers and I'm not kidding I probably did about 15 hours study total over the whole year, including homework and what not, and got a 93. I dropped extension though because that actually required effort.

Merayshehata

HSC
If you're confident with your italian just pick that. Being italian I picked to continuers and I'm not kidding I probably did about 15 hours study total over the whole year, including homework and what not, and got a 93. I dropped extension though because that actually required effort.
Did it end up scaling you well though or was it not worth the effort?

He

HSC
For the effort I put in, I am really happy with my result. By picking Italian which I was already confident in, it allowed me to dedicate a whole lot more time to my other subjects. I ended up with a 98+ atar so no complaints. My sister who grow up in a similar environment as far as exposure to Italian is concerned, actually put a lot of effort into hsc Italian continuers and managed to state rank and get a 98 hsc mark for Italian. Just goes to show if you already have a good background in Italian you will do well in it, but if you put effort in as well, you will kill it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)