HSC success stories after getting a bad internal rank! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys just looking for some hope, has anyone or someone you know ever pulled out with a decent ATAR (80+) after doing well in externals and having a bad internal rank in an average ranking school

ahri

HSC
Not ATAR as a whole but my friend was ranked 10/13 for a subject and ended up getting a 99 external mark, bumping her overall mark for that subject to a 97 which is super impressive.

Opengangs

HSC
Yes! One person is me!

My ranks were decent (they weren’t great but they weren’t bad). And I still pulled a 91.50. I’m currently in my second year at UNSW studying B Computer Science / B Science (maj. Mathematics).

To give you some context, I went to a fairly competitive school (top 100 school) which helped my cause. My ranks after trials were (from what I can remember at least):

- English (Advanced): 108/144
- Mathematics: 38/164
- Mathematics (Extension 1): 30/72)
- Software Design and Development: 2/11
- Biology: 30/72
- Business Studies: 15/52

What surprised me was my English Adv mark. I ended up getting an 86 for it despite my low rank, because my external mark was 90. So it goes to show that, no matter where you are sitting in comparison to your peers, if you just put your head down and really focus on your weaknesses to flesh out what you couldn’t do in the trials, then everything will pay off.

It’s never too late, my friend!

HSC
Not ATAR as a whole but my friend was ranked 10/13 for a subject and ended up getting a 99 external mark, bumping her overall mark for that subject to a 97 which is super impressive.
wait that means she got a 95 assessment mark even though she ranked 10/13?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)