HSC Tips and Tricks | Part 1: Year 12 Info Round-up (1 Viewer)

gaypsych101

HSC
Optophobia said:
my advice for 06'ers:

Only take advice off this website that is:

a) To do with the basic components of subjects: eg. For chemistry: Mix 2 parts chlorine and 1 part carbon to.. blah blah. And always corroborate this info with your teacher or a text book.
b) foundational: eg, HOW MUCH and exam is worth etc, WHEN the exam is on etc. Things that are basic.

Ignore everything else, because it's likely to be crap and is probably the fruits of someones sinister plot (no.. seriously, there are some dodgy freaks on here).
LOL! that just fill me up with so much confidence about this website....

hello_world

HSC
does being in a selective school push up your UAI??
I'm in a selective school and it's so unfair, our assessments are way harder than sydney girls.

what is going to happen with that?? shouldn't schools make their assessments easy to get higher marks??

haha one thing that always motivates me when it comes to the hsc is the fact that my friend (he was a total dumbass) got like 80?!? and never studied

P

pLuvia

bittersweet_em said:
does being in a selective school push up your UAI??
I'm in a selective school and it's so unfair, our assessments are way harder than sydney girls.

what is going to happen with that?? shouldn't schools make their assessments easy to get higher marks??

haha one thing that always motivates me when it comes to the hsc is the fact that my friend (he was a total dumbass) got like 80?!? and never studied
Yes it does, assuming you will do well in that selective school. It does give you a better chance of achieving a good UAI

k_stroud22

UAI 2006 83.70
HSC
i think public schools are good too. well, a few years ago, some1 from our school (i think it was chelsea herman) got 99.95 for her uai and our school is deemed to be the best in the region, we got an award for being one of the best regional schools in the state and woopi (woolgoolga) is a public school. so u don't have to go to private schools to get the top marks. (no offence meant to those in private schools)

Tiffany654

HSC
I am really starting to worry about my future as i have just recieved my results for the half yearly's. i didnt do so well, but that was expected as i didnt study that much.. only maybe just looking over work done and making notes and memorizing things and using this website.. some of my friends study 6 hours a day but i cant fit that in as i work and have other comitments and i just cant sit down and actually do it.. i know i should put it behind me because its my final year and really knuckle down but i just cant apply myself at home.. i totally kicked ass in year 11 never studied and aced it all.. so i guess i thought that it could b the same.. flunked PE and Maths (maths has never been a strong point so i cant help it) i got below 20% in both of these.. have i totally fucked myself? in standard English i got 73% which the year average was 50's and my class 60's so that was my best.. ancient 50 something. and i havent recieved art back. so its not that flash i generally get ranked in top of my classes and i do really well in assessment task im falling apart these days and its at the wrong time... i didnt go great in my last pe assessment.. its realy getting to me.. i want a 78 uai and i know i wont.. i go to a bush school..i want to be a Primary Teacher.. i think im just plain lazy.. and the fact that im not as smart as i thought i was has kind of brused my ego.. what should i do.. as time maybe running out and i will be left with no future:bomb:

Mz_Julzie

cheeky bum
HSC
WOW, reading all that really got me thinking abit more postively.. great motivation =]

sxc_ballerina89

HSC
Tiffany654 said:
the fact that im not as smart as i thought i was has kind of brused my ego..
lol i get where your coming from i feel kinda the same at the moment. I got 35/50 on a pe assignment which is alright but could have gotten > 40 if i had:
a) done 2 extra psychological factors in one section
b) triple checked what i had typed as i had a diet plan included & it didnt have enough water but i thought it did
c) gone & double checked a training program with my teacher as it lacked detail
so instead of 35 i could have achieved about 44 but hey im still happy with above just a pass! also its made me realise that while pe is very theory based (like 98%!) and is very broad i still need to take advantage of every thing that is put on offer & put alot more effort & studying into it.

ps: if any1 knows any tactics to studying for pe let me know!

rissoleux

HSC
lol i had to break the news to my friend the other day that every assesment counts....that was not a pretty lunchtime!

lil_miz_gigglez

HSC
Just found out trial marks and ranks, they were really shit, been really down since then, got no motivation to pick up a pen or even look at a book. Really screwed aren't I? It's not just me though, alot of people from both my school and others have also found it really hard to get 'back into the habit'

Is this normal, or have i finally lost the plot, and might as well forget about any chance of a good uai???

Future, what future???

Tarahd

HSC
Im Loving this..
Im a year 11 student..
• Dont go to a good school
• Not crazily smart
• Never tried at school untill year 11
and im doing okay...
first in 3 of 6 subjects
and about 7th in the others..
But the thing is I DONT GO TO A GOOD SCHOOL

anyway..
I cant wait to start year 12. Scared yes!but excited... Reading all the information prior to even begginging the coarse is just awsome... feeling blessed!

Thankyou.

lil_miz_gigglez

HSC
Hey Tarahd, by the sounds of it, you seem pretty smart to me.

I'm happy that you've found yr 11 a breeze, but i'm a pessimist by nature, so maybe that's why yr 12 hasn't been as great as i expected it to be LOLZ

Wishing you all the best for the rest of yr 11 and yr 12 And most importantly good luck to all you other yr 12's sitting the hsc this yr; as it quietly but quickly looms upon us!!!

Tarahd

HSC
Nope not smart
Lol
Evidemce: I had to look up the word pessimist!!
:)
All Good....
Yeah i have a business and textiles exam tomoz... i havent started to study... I better get to in...
How are you going at school??

lazera1

compfreak
HSC
to the crappest school in the state, it starts with A and its in parramatta.
i feel sad everyone is failing their subjects and there are so many junkies there and no one has motivation. it was like rank 392+ or something last year

everyone drags down teachers expectations and its super sad.
teachers dont teach and they tell you to read out textbook out aloud and eveyone is talking in class and teachers get angry from telling students off to be quiet.

i suggest that no one in future generations should go there or else especially idont allow your children to attend that school. its a disaster there and since the term is nearly over and hsc exams are approaching ,, every student in year 12 about 98% of students truant class so much that you are left behind by yourself doing nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

angeee

HSC
Tiffany654 said:
I am really starting to worry about my future as i have just recieved my results for the half yearly's. i want a 78 uai and i know i wont.. i go to a bush school..i want to be a Primary Teacher.. i think im just plain lazy.. and the fact that im not as smart as i thought i was has kind of brused my ego.. what should i do.. as time maybe running out and i will be left with no future:bomb:
hey, if u want to get a 78 UAI, u can still do it! The HSC is coming up and if u study hard and do realli well in them, then you could raise ur marks so much and get that UAI. U said that u were "plain lazy" on your own admission, so work on it! Make ur dream of becoming a teacher motivate you. All the best.

cYniCaL wOrLd!

HSC
hey stazi, that was a really motivational read, i'm currently in yr 11 and goin into yr 12 next term and i am totally shitting myself. i've just completed my yearly exams and i failed chemistry, which was my best ranking subject till now and because of this i don't feel like studing or working hard!!!
i'm hoping to do medicine after school and i know the UAI mark is very high, do u have any tips??

bmiller89

HSC
hey Ashlea
Thanks for the motivation.
So what you've said in one of your replies is that if your getting average marks for your assessment task, that you can still get a good UAI?

samerin

HSC
good hsc tips....gave me a lot of motivation:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)